Happy 50th to the 747

Today is the 747’s 50th Birthday! Wow! What an accomplishment for Boeing as not only is the 747 still flying, but another aircraft that also turned 50 not too long ago you should all know it, the 737, is still flying and flying strong. Where have you been on a 747? Does it hold a special spot in your heart? Let me know down below! Or even if you have an interesting story about the 747!

I, myself, have a special place for the 747 in my heart, it was the first plane I had been on and the first long haul so for me the 747 holds a special place

26 Likes

Thats really cool! Had no idea. But there is a Qantas 747 headed to the boneyard today :(

that plane really revolutionized the aviation industry

8 Likes

Happy Birthday!! It was such a fun jet to work on!

2 Likes

Well, For me, I have never personally been on a 747, I have seen a couple before and they are beautiful :)

4 Likes

Yeah I have.
EGLL-KJFK
KEWR-EGLL.

1 Like

i was on a BA 747 (CYYZ-EGLL) a few years ago… best flying experience ever

1 Like

The 747 will always be the queen of the skies #50yearsstrong

4 Likes

the queen earnes all the respect it gets I wish many more for the plane. But the way it’s looking I don’t think it can be a passenger aircraft the demand is not there but as a cargo aircraft the airplane has a lot more life to it. Never the less I hope it can carry passengers for years to come but happy birthday to the queen

2 Likes

Long live the Queen! I’ll probably never have the chance to fly her the -400. Its always been a childhood dream of mine. :(

3 Likes

Yes I do have a special place for the 747 in my heart I think that it’s a shame that they are being retired and being put in a boneyard to rust away I say the 747s should belong in a museum because they are a big peice of history and that doesn’t deserve to rot away

2 Likes

An incredible piece of engineering and designing by the amazing company that we know as Boeing.
Incredible that the true queen (what’s the A380) is still out there and going strong.
U always get that strong feeling when u see the queen

747 holds a special place in my heart
First plane I took which lead me to my origin-Japan

I’ve been on it a little more than 10 times as a tiny little future
NWA,Delta
B742 once and B744 a lot
KDTW-RJGG
RJGG-KDTW

Delta B744

3 Likes

Only been on it once and it was British Airways 744 from New York,What a gorgeous Piece of Aviation History, Long live the Queen!!!🥇🏅🎈🎉

1 Like

Awesome plane. Only flew on one once. Cathay from VHHH-KSFO.

5 Likes

It belongs in a museum
Indiana Jones

1 Like

Didn’t it first fly in ‘69? But holy cow! Now I have to announce this to my entire family!

On September 30, 1968, the first 747 was rolled out of the Everett assembly building before the world’s press and representatives of the 26 airlines that had ordered the airliner.

(http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,838835,00.html)

1 Like

Oh, how I wish I could fly a 747. Unfortunately, I don’t think it will ever happen. Maybe the 747-8i, but I don’t think the 747-400. A guy can dream though!
Happy Birthday to the Queen of the Skies!

1 Like

I have never flown in the 747 before. But she is one beautiful plane.

1 Like

Didn’t the first gen 747 not get off the ground ever

Would you mind sharing some stories from working on it? I would love to hear about it!