Hannover - La Gomera via Frankfurt

Thought I’d post some shots of my flight from the heart of Europe to the Spanish Canary Islands. Hannover was rather busy today with @BSG and @777aviator parked at the apron. After roughly 30 mins of flight we were guided into busy Frankfurt and loaded PAX and fuel for the long trip to the volcanic islands.
About 2,5 hours in, roughly 50 NM west of Madeira, we experienced an ill passenger which required immediate medical attention, so a diversion to Madeira was started, costing us roughly 1 hour. The view of the Portuguese island was stunning.
Back in the air again, we flew for another 40 mins before approaching over the fascinating scenery of Gran Canaria and making a right turn for RWY 27 of the adjacent island of La Gomera. Already on approach the wind turned and we reported “missed approach” and entered left downwind RWY 09, enjoying a low pass over the cliffs and ridges of this beatautiful island before performing a tight 180 and softly touching down on the small airport of La Gomera.

Expert Server, 4.5 hours of flight time, EDDV-EDDF-GCGM (Diversion to LPMA)

13 Likes

Great shots!

Make sure to delete some images to fit with the 10 screenshots limits.

Nice flying

1 Like

Really nice shots!

1 Like

Cheers, I will delete some. First time I’ve posted screenshots in IFC since the large threads disappeared.

Thank you!

The first picture is just amazing and my favorite , keep going

1 Like

Stunning pictures of the EW A320. Many great memories and I definitely can’t wait to get flying again.

Also the Banking Shot is really, really realistic! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers Kile! Sure will, same to you:)

1 Like

Thanks! Yes great memories with this little Ryanair contender. Out of the European low cost carriers this the livery is definitely one of my favourites. Especially the blue sharklets.

1 Like

It would say there’s still a difference between the two (in EW’s favour) though, isn’t it?

The Sharklets are especially great, that’s true!