Hannover Airport[EDDV]

The Hannover Airport is an important airport in Germany. It is also a hub for the German airline TUIfly. But it is also served by other airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, KLM & Air France. Hannover Airport is also an important hub for VW in Corona times

You can get to all of Europe from Hanover Airport, since Hanover is very frequently served by airlines

Hannover Airport has 6 runways. Three of them are towards 270 degrees and the other three towards 90 degrees. The smallest runway is only suitable for light aircrafts. The other two runways are used by large passenger aircraft.

Credit: https://www.hannover-airport.de/b2b-geschaeftskunden/immobilien/

4 Likes

Interesting, looks like they serve a lot of destinations. I almost couldn’t find the third runway lol

1 Like

It’s very small…:)next to the right big runway

Nice info, I find it interesting Hannover has service to Malaga, Ibiza, and Alicante but no service to Madrid. I guess airlines see more demand towards those leisure destinations than Spain’s largest city.

1 Like

Hannover is really leisure focused as it is open 24h as opposed to most German airports. This makes it very attractive to leisure airlines, most namely TUIfly as they can fly one more rotation to the mediterran compared to other airports.

Even though VW and Wolfsburg is close, the business demand is mainly handled via hubs, such as Frankfurt, Munich, Zurich, Amsterdam and Paris.

———
Also thanks for the Post @Jan_W!

Volkswagen mostly handles their business travel for executives at Braunschweig-Wolfsburg airport with their private jet fleet (Brunswick is the better city right next to Hanover). Nevertheless Hanover is regularly served by all Lufthansa Group Airlines and therefore well connected to all HUBs. Lufthansa started serving Hanover again just Monday, been on their A319 on Tuesday, unfortunately, the Business Lounge in Hanover is still closed, the views from the lounge are one of the best!

1 Like

This is true, yes, but not only the executives with the private jet Access need to travel K think. Also the big fairs are often in Hannover (Cebit or Hannover Messe as an example).

That’s very cool!!

1 Like