Hamad International Airport, SMART AIRPORT

this Hamad International Airport it’s so beautiful design and technology and very smart, I hope this at every airport.
Does this mean we can dispense with humans?!
What do you think?

9 Likes

I don’t ever think that humans will ever be replaced. No one likes the idea of fully automated systems.

8 Likes

But sometime humans make delay invert automated systems.

Still - I’d rather have a human ‘safety buffer’ if you will rather then fully automated. Machines can be stupid.

2 Likes

Yeah i agree with you in this part, [quote=“Giacomo_Lawrance, post:4, topic:77749”]
Machines can be stupid.
[/quote]

There will be supervision on this every time to follow all procedures.

1 Like

The guilt will actually lie in the person who didn’t programmed/built well the machine, not the machine itself.

2 Likes

True, but still, I’d rather not depend on the machine. They don’t have common sense, etc…

1 Like

Alot of these things you can find at Denver international. Colorado Springs airport even though I love it only has a self check in kiosk. :)

1 Like

Future depends on the robot and machines, also what @BrunoC said [quote=“BrunoC, post:6, topic:77749”]
The guilt will actually lie in the person who didn’t programmed/built well the machine, not the machine itself.
[/quote]

2 Likes

Would you feel safe in an automated aircraft? I certainly wouldn’t. :)

1 Like

This is really cool, this what i hope in all airports.

1 Like

Me either and it would take away pilots jobs.

I think there should always be manned security. No matter what.

Of course not, but can’t be an aircraft without observer, Such as pilot or an air engineer

To be honest I prefer Heathrow, I don’t really like the airport at all. Looks fancy but it’s just full of designer shops which no one in them

Actually Heathrow airport one of my favorite airports.

1 Like

Apart from the security screening process and the pre boarding staff, pretty much everything else shown in this video is already present in Dubai Int’l and has been there for a while now, and I can tell you from a person living in Dubai himself, people don’t really ever use these counters unless maybe during airport peak seasons when ques are too long, and the really confused look people have when using these machines is interesting, because while these machines were mainly designed to be used at the convenience of the passenger whilst also trying to reduce airport ground staff, the passengers almost always end up requiring assistance by the very same ground staff in navigating through the entire process.

Besides, face to face communication in unfamiliar situations which is alot on airports is always reassuring from a passengers perspective because only humans can help humans in ways machines can’t. There’s only so much automation can do.

1 Like

This is no different to virtually any airport at all. Everywhere now has self service kiosks, bag drops etc. That security was not automated at all, what about hand luggage, and also there are people sitting at desks checking those scans.

And the only place I know where they don’t have a car park machine, is at the end of a tiny valley deep in the Austrian alps.

1 Like

I’ve lived in Doha and been to the airport several times, it’s nice but there’s still quite a lot of construction in certain places. Also I don’t get the giant teddy bear lamp.

1 Like

I definitely want to see a lot of this stuff at airports. Such as the ticket and baggage tag printer, it would speed up a lot. I also like the self bag check, at my local airport (MSP) bag checking sometimes can take upwards as an hour, and that will speed it up a lot. The smartphone app is already encorperated at most major airports, and definitely help when trying to find a gate.

On the other hand, a lot of this stuff should still be done manually. Like the gate ticket scan. People could probably find a way to forge a ticket, and get on a plane they didn’t pay for, with possibly bad intentions. This may be contridictory to the first paragraph, but someone could do something similar with the baggage check in.

This is good technology. Some of it just needs to be refined more until it is put into most airports, at least in my opinion.