Gulfstream G650

With Global just around the corner, being able to fly private around the world will be among loads of members’ desires. We also only have 1 business jet in the sim - the Cessna Citation X. That’s nothing compared to the number of commercial airliners.

The Gulfstream G650 is a twin-engine business jet airplane produced by Gulfstream Aerospace and can be configured to carry from 11 to 18 passengers.

The G650 has a cruise speed of Mach 0.85 to 0.90, with maximum speed of Mach 0.925 and a range of up to 7,000 nmi (13,000 km). It can be equipped with a full kitchen and bar and may be equipped with a variety of entertainment features including satellite telephones and wireless Internet. The jet uses two Rolls-Royce BR725 engines, each producing a maximum thrust of 17,000 pounds-force (75.6 kN). The airplane’s service ceiling is also impressive, 10,000 feet above your standard 737NG’s at a whopping 51,000 feet. This means you’ll be able to enjoy the Global scenery from high above the clouds.

The aircraft does come at a hefty starting price of 65 million USD. But hey, you’ll be able to enjoy this plane at the palm of your hands for only $4,99. Sounds like a good deal to me.

And of course, this wouldn’t be a feature request without a picture :P

Credits to Gulfsteam Aerospace

Please don’t go requesting something without asking for the older topic to be closed first.

1 Like

Ayo it is closed mate, I think this one will be kept open. Further, this is a good request, would be awesome to have.

Recheck that thread, this would be a great aircraft to have.

Yeah it was closed an hour after I wrote that. Tyler mistakenly closed this topic instead of the old one.

Yes it would, I also supported the old request 😉
Btw it would be better if people asked for old duplicate topics to be closed before they create a new request. Other people shouldn’t need to sort duplicates out, it should be the responsibility of the poster.

1 Like

I do like those big passenger windows.

If that would be added it is worth thinking about modeling the interior as well and maybe be even able to move around and set own camera angles.

1 Like

There is a first time for everything.

No chance Gulfstream will allow this. They will sue IF right out of business.

1 Like

Wrong. http://store.x-plane.org/Gulfstream-G650_p_117.html

Large corporation such as Gulfstream will not bother suing some mobile flight simulator. They will lose money by suing IF due to the huge costs for lawyers etc.

I can’t seem to find such patent on this website: http://stks.freshpatents.com/Gulfstream-Aerospace-Corporation-nm1.php. Do you mind showing me a source?

1 Like

Is it licensed? Is it high quality for just 18$? Doubt that.

A guy on a VATSIM forum mentioned that he was going to get sued if he continued developing (or something along those lines) I might be able to find the post.

Just read through this: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/25822-aerosofts-gulfstream-650-for-fsxyes-or-no/

You said it wasn’t ever created in a Flight Simulator, I proved you wrong. Whether or not it’s licenced it doesn’t matter.

This is not a reliable source… it’s just two forum members like us having a discussion. No official word from Gulfstream themselves.

1 Like

It is Almost impossible to get a official Gulfstream license to make this plane in ANY simulator, they just dont like there planes in games because of things that can make the company look bad im guessing. but if there where license available it would require THOUSANDS of dollars worth of investment to get it just right. meaning they would have to sell it at a much higher price then 5$.

1 Like

How come other aircraft manufacturers do not charge such a fee for litigious protection of property rights? Is it just Gulfstream?

Its Mostly just smaller companies like Gulftstream since they are the “rolls Royce” or flying they want to have the best picture for say. Companies like boeing or airbus can be licensed super quickly and most of the time they dont require license

aww that kinda sucks… I really wanted this plane in IF

I honestly don’t think that all hope is lost. I doubt that anyone will actually go and sue IF because they added a plane into some game. There is still a possibility it could get added :)

2 Likes