Gulfstream C-37A

When I was on MacDill AFB today, I happened to catch a glimpse of these sitting next to their hangar and think they would make a great addition to Infinite Flight.

Here’s the specifications listed on the Air Force website:

Primary Function: Special air missions
Builder: Gulfstream Aerospace Corp.
Power Plant: Two BMW/Rolls Royce BR710A1-10 high bypass ratio turbofan engines
Thrust: 14,750 pounds each engine
Length: 96 feet, 5 inches (29.38 meters)
Height: 25 feet, 11 inches (7.9 meters)
Wingspan: 93 feet, 6 inches (28.5 meters)
Speed: 600 mph (.885 Mach) maximum
Maximum Altitude: 51,000 feet (15,545 meters)
Maximum Takeoff Weight: 90,500 pounds (41,050 kilograms)
Range: 6,300 miles (5,500 nautical miles) normal cruise
Load: 12 passengers
Unit Cost: $36 million (1998 constant dollars)
Crew: Five
Date Deployed: 1998
Inventory: Active force, 9; Air National Guard, 0; Reserve, 0

The website also listed out these as the aircrafts current operating stations:

“The 89th Airlift Wing’s 99th Airlift Squadron, Andrews Air Force Base, Md., operates four C-37A’s. The 6th Air Mobility Wing’s 310th Airlift Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla., operates three C-37A’s. Both the 15th Airlift Wing, 65th Airlift Squadron at Hickam AFB, Hawaii, and the 86th Airlift Wing, 309th Airlift Squadron, at Chievres Air Base, Belgium, have one C-37A.”

In addition to the USAF, the USCG and USN also operate some of the C-37A aircraft.

The Air Force has 3 different liveries of the aircraft that are operated and the Coast Guard has a pretty cool livery as well. I’m going to include a picture of one of the USAF liveries due to the 1 picture rule. Feel free to check out the other liveries though!

Photo Credits: Airliners.net

For more info, go here:

One thing that I forgot to mention is that the C-37A is the most common of the C-37s and is a modified Gulfstream V. The C-37B is less common and has more specific missions and is a modified Gulfstream 550, which was developed from the Gulfstream V

2 Likes

I never got any comments on this aircraft. Very important for transporting our nation’s (United States) military officials. We have 2 stationed at my local military base, MacDill AFB. Would love to fly this in the game.

2 Likes

We need the whole Gulfstream series added, very beautiful aircraft 👌

2 Likes

Yes, the Gulfstream family woind be good. I love watching them fly in and out of KAPA.

1 Like

More GA Biz Jets of any/all type, please… Gulfstream, Lear, other Cessnas… please. So many GA airports in the world!

1 Like

This one was more in support of more military aircraft. But definitely agree about more GA!

looks like a G450. I think We need the G series

Would definitely be great, particularly with the coast guard livery. CPO Devin Pletcher USCG0106

YES THE ENTIRE G SERIES IS NEEDED
Atleast the g2/g450 and g650

I feel like it would be cool to have all the government planes. We already have Air Force 1 and the government Boeing 737-700 BBJ, why not add the rest of them?

1 Like

So damn sexy! The USCG and the US Air Force liveries are also a must have! Let’s get this beauty to IF ASAP! We need a top big size private jet on IF. Cessna Citation currently is the only other private jet and it’s a medium sized. We need either this bad boy or the bombardier global express!

It can be argued that isn’t true. We have the BBJ version of the 737, and the ACJ (Airbus Corporate Jet) version of the A318.