Guide to Where to Fly During Hurricane Dorian (Also kind of became a thread)

UPDATE
The hurricane is now heading towards the Carolina states. No changes yet

2 Likes

It has the possibility of making landfall in the US. The weather reports are now saying that it might not make landfall.

But if it does make landfall, it probably will in NC or SC

2 Likes

Yes but still going to hit the us slightly and literally destroy the northern Bahamas

1 Like

Yes, two drastically different sides of the hurricane spectrum. Wish it would avoid the Bahamas too.

1 Like

Here’s an updated track from one hour ago. Credit: The weather Channel.

4 Likes

I know, I updated the weather map, I doubt that it’ll change the airports though…

Orlando still gonna get some hurricane winds I mean look at the size of the hurricane and compare it to FL

1 Like

Eh not likely. The radius of the hurricane force winds go 30 miles. I don’t think we will see the eye pass 30 miles off the FL coast. They will probably get Tropical Force Level winds though. If u wanna experience the strongest winds of the hurricane, now is the time to do it.

No, for the commercial flights, the best would be West Palm Beach, i doubt Orlando would be good…

Also it’s hasn’t hit any land yet, meaning that there literally is knowehre to fly to. You should still wait till the evening to fly

Should I make this an event on casual? If so, everyone will spawn in 172s

2 Likes

Sure, just set it to the evening and I recommend using MYAM. I would suggest making it into a groupflight through

1 Like

So has anyone flown through it yet?

1 Like

Ive heard that Nassau airport MYNN is not closing, and they are getting a direct hit

1 Like

Might try and fly the TBM out of MYGF tonight and see how it is

1 Like

It’s really windy I had 73KT winds and I was getting blown every where

3 Likes

Wow!!! That’s pretty intense

1 Like

I’ll do a Hurricane Hunters flight in a WC130J from the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron’s base at St. Croix. If you want to join, PM me.

2 Likes

i flew through it a few hours ago and the wind was up to 95 kts

1 Like

I’m up for flying through it with a group

1 Like

Thanks for making this! I’m gonna have some fun tonight!

1 Like