Guess the Airport (Control Tower Edition)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Here we go with another “guess the ____” thread. There’s too many!

4 Likes

The mods have decided not to allow these kinds of topics for the time being

1 Like

Check out this post by @Hamza.N

Yep. Two “guess the” threads in one day. New record.

Luckily i bookmarked this:

All of the current "Guess the" threads open.

Guess the Airport
Guess the Airline and Aircraft! [Cabin Version]
Guess The Airline And Aircraft! [Cockpit Version]
Guess That Airline! Wingtip Edition
Guess the Airline and Aircraft (Vertical Stabilizer Edition)
Guess The Airline and Aircraft! [Part 2]
Guess the Aircraft / Airline (Engine / Wing Edition)
Guess the airline and aircraft! [IF version]
Guess the location...in Infinite Flight

Note from Ewan Fleming (Moderator) On a previusly closed “Guess the” thread:
“In addition, I think these might be going a little too far. Next thing you know, there’ll be “guess the aircraft from the fingerprint of the passenger on the toilet door” - we have a few guess-the-aircraft topics already and I think they’re maxed out for the moment :)”

2 Likes

Yes but there are some that are open after that message, and still been opened!

This one can be easily integrated with Guess the airport.

3 Likes

Good look, okay, do what you want, the only thing you know how to do is close topics! Well, nothing, go ahead and close it! Always like that! It’s amazing…

In my opinion, these topics add no real value to the community as they are all just a clutch of unorganized replies The only thing these topics do is harvest likes for the original poster. I don’t want to be a downer, but these are going way to far.

1 Like

They only reason they are being closed, is because there are too many at the moment and they are getting more and more bizarre.

Note from Ewan Fleming (Moderator) On a previusly closed “Guess the” thread:
“In addition, I think these might be going a little too far. Next thing you know, there’ll be “guess the aircraft from the fingerprint of the passenger on the toilet door” - we have a few guess-the-aircraft topics already and I think they’re maxed out for the moment :)”

1 Like

Yes, but what can not be is that you are constantly closing topics (the one I opened before), It is supposed to be a community! But I’m not going to argue with you.
That’s all, thanks!

It’s a community full of useful discussion. This is absolutely not useful. I’m sorry but you’ve been around here and seen all of the “Guess the” topics. This one is no different.

3 Likes

We have had a string of these threads lately where people find the most obscure picture they can find off google images to post. Everything from wingtips, wheels, engines, doors, terminals, you name it there is probably a thread for it. While yes this is in the RWA category we need to realize that this is an Infinite Flight forum first and foremost. We do have a real world category to discuss things such as new plane announcements, airline news, and so on. These topics spin up a healthy discussion with members of the community.

The “guess the”, “name the”, and “whats your favorite” are often the most flagged threads because of the nature of the responses. People try to find the most random and/or hard picture and post it with little or no discussion. Flags are thrown because people cut in line or “dont follow the rules” of the thread when guessing. After a while people start posting duplicate pictures because nobody wants to scroll through hundreds of responses to see if something was posted already. I personally would rather see our storage space utilized by more productive topics.

Because of the above the moderation team has decided to take a break on these types of threads for the time being.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

16 Likes