GroupFlight ATC

Hello all pilots,

I would like to clarify if when doing a Flight of X, both aircrafts have to communicate with ATC or is just one aircraft doing the talking? I’m asking because I have read some info but I’m not sure which is the correct one and I wouldn’t like to get a violation or not behave professional when doing so.

Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

The leader of the flight of X only communicate with ATC.

1 Like

Remember to have your callsign state flight of two

Yeah I have all the time when I do group flights

1 Like

Thank you brother

1 Like

Is there anything you still don’t understand as I see so many people use It improperly on the Expert Server?

2 Likes

True, that. I think there should be events like that soon (and maybe a voice ATC event but I’d have to be admin and listen to every word and keep track of who’s talking, if anyone says something wrong, kicked 😂)
I think if this was actually used correctly it would be difficult to keep track of the 2 aircraft from an ATC point of view, and the pilots seeing each others aircrwft lag on their screen like crazy.

2 Likes

We have a way of coping. I only have controlled 1 flight of 2 that have probably did everything correctly.

2 Likes

I’ve controlled several flight of 2’s and I’ve even controlled a flight of 6 doing patterns. It’s really just like controlling one plane, you just have to be aware of the following planes and make sure they don’t cause any conflicts.

2 Likes

I just imagine on a filled airport having two aircraft when they don’t easily show their callsign in build ups could be complicated.

It’s not complicated then:

They’re just not a flight of X.

If the members don’t properly identify and communicate, they get treated as individuals.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.