Group Flight: The Mini Route!

Hello everyone, welcome to another Group Flight. This time around we’re doing something a little different… Join us on a 15 minute VFR flight from Santa Monica to Jack Northrop Field Hawthorne Municipal with the C172. After departing Santa Monica we’ll head south towards LAX where we’ll transition the airport at 2,500ft via the mini route!

IFATC will provide service where able, so remember to always be in contact with them if they are open. This includes centre and departure frequencies.

EVENT DETAILS

View all details
Origin Destination Livery Aircraft Distance Duration Fuel Server Departure
KSMO KHHR ANY C172 40 NM 0:15 55 kgs Expert 2023-11-01T19:00:00Z

Where’s the flight plan? We don’t need one… we’ll be flying VFR this time for a change. The map below is for guidance purposes. In an ideal world, this will be the exact route to fly if the winds are favourable for RWY 25 on arrival. This is weather dependant so keep your eyes peeled on this thread for a plan B. Try to stay on track with the red line. Please familiarise yourself with this procedure - we recommend a test run in solo mode!

The Southbound Mini Route Guide 🧭

To follow the southbound mini route, follow the steps below:

STEP 1

Prior to departure, tune the SMO VOR to NAV 1.

STEP 2

Chance the source from GPS to NAV 1.

STEP 3

Change the CRS 1 heading to 128 degrees.

STEP 4

Takeoff from KSMO, intercept and track the SMO 128 radial. Climb and maintain 2,500ft at 90kts.

STEP 5

Tune into KLAX tower & request transition. Once you’ve received clearance, fly over LAX at 2,500’ and enjoy the view! Remember, maintain your altitude and speed.

STEP 6

As you pass over 25L at KLAX, make a shallow turn to the right and track towards the corner of the 405 freeway. Once you’ve reached the corner of the freeway, turn downwind and initiate your descent!

⚠️ IMPORTANT ⚠️
It’s imperative that you adhere to ALL expert server rules and the specifics listed below:
Keep preceding and surrounding traffic in sight at ALL TIMES
Maintain 90kts at 2,500’ throughout the transition
DO NOT fly too close to others
Failure to comply with ATC & expert server rules will result in violations

Please check whether or not you’re attending this event below!

This event will be streamed live on YouTube. You can watch it below!

Be sure to post your best screenshots and videos on Instagram, Twitter or TikTok and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #flashflight. We look forward to seeing all of your amazing shots! You can also follow us on YouTube where we live stream some of these events and occasionally host giveaways!

FAQs

How can I appeal my Level 2 or 3 Violation?

If reported by ATC on the Expert Server for an infraction you will be issued a Level 2 or Level 3 Violation. This may be appealed here on the Community Forum by sending a direct message to @appeals where you should provide your callsign, display name, location, details surrounding the report, and a replay file which can easily be uploaded here!

How do I get IFATC at my event?

IFATC members are encouraged to staff all community events around the world! While events aren’t featured on the schedule, community members may use the schedule locations to create future events with guaranteed traffic!

Head over to our Events category to begin creating. You can use helpful tags like atc-needed and atc-staffed to let controllers know where they’re needed.

How can I get my event featured?

Community Events are now a staple of the community with users creating awesome events for others to enjoy. We love incorporating your events into our official communications and live stream schedules! To get your event featured, all you have to do is create an event and publish it in Events. From here, our team will manually review these events each month and hand-pick the ones we would like to officially feature!

Click HERE for more information

What does it mean to have my event officially featured?

If your event is chosen to be featured, we will:

• Advertise on our Official Discord channel before and during the event
  • Add it to the ATC Schedule
  • Highlight it on our social media channels
  • Pin the event topic to the IFC
  • Feature the event on the in-app home screen

Event Feedback

We value your input and would love to hear your thoughts on this event. Could you please take a few minutes to fill out this short survey about your experience? Your feedback will help us improve future events. Share your feedback here!

24 Likes

Will definitely try to join

3 Likes

Hope to see you there!

4 Likes

Dan I can join this too!

1 Like

oh my gosh a C172 when I’m at school…

1 Like

OMG the time 3am-4am and a school day definitely can’t join………

1 Like

Can’t join sadly this is during school time.

1 Like

I hope my game doesn’t crash

1 Like

Interesting but can’t join:(

1 Like

Interesting, very interesting, I’ll try to be there

3 Likes

I’m joining this 100% - can’t miss out.

2 Likes

I leave school at 2:30 Ill try to make it

1 Like

Thank god I end school at 2:30 and I will make this

3 Likes

This event is great however it’s almost midnight in my region, will try to join.

1 Like

Interesting event. I’ll try to join you guys.

1 Like

During school, wish I could join especially bc this is a short route. Have fun Dan!

1 Like

Oop 👀 this ought to be fun

2 Likes

my school ends at 2:30 but its at 12 whyyyyyyy

2 Likes

This looks fun! Can’t wait :)

2 Likes