Ground Vehicle

Hi everyone, I think that even without suggesting it, it will happen sooner or later, but I wanted to make this suggestion…
So, why not add ground vehicles for airplanes?
I put pictures of vehicles to give you an idea.

So, Firstly, How we will be able to call the vehicles?

I thought that here, we add a “Ground” category and then each box will be a single vehicle.

1. Aviation Fuel
    fueling

2. Catering Truck

3. Ground Power

4. Container Transporter

5. Baggages Truck
    baggagetruck

6. Air Stairs
    Air stairs

7. Bus
    bus

8. Pushback Truck

At the moment, I don’t see this being possible. IF is a mobile sim, and lots of people’s devices lag as it is, and with this that would put lots of strain on devices. This might be possible in the future, since devices and IF keep improving, but at the moment I don’t see it coming. It’s a nice idea though!

1 Like

Not false, but games like RFS already have this type of vehicle.

3 Likes

This may be available once Metal is implemented, as it’ll allow the tools to make this stuff happen. (Thanks Jason for the pointer!)

However, you can only have one picture per request.

Also, if we had air stairs maybe we could get a jet bridge 😉

3 Likes

I mean if we had a terminal, yes

4 Likes

Hey there!

As per #features rules, you may only have 1 picture for a feature request

1 Like

We’ll have to have a terminal to get ground vehicles anyways, why have one when you can have both?

1 Like

I think this is an exception. Showing different vehicles

2 Likes

Little does @MJP_27 know, I beat ‘em to it

Look above 😉

2 Likes

Have u ever seen a jet bridge not connected to anything?

1 Like

I don’t know what to do, if a moderator asks me, I do it.

1 Like

RFS may have ground vehicles, but it also has its downsides, just like IF. Everything in life has its positives and negatives, and ground vehicles are both of those for IF and RFS.

IF will hopefully get ground vehicles soon. Like @nativetoalaska said, it might be possible once Project Metal is released.

3 Likes

Yes.

I just noticed

1 Like

😤 Not my point. Given that it’ll take more to program the movements of ground vehicles alongside the 3D modeling, it’ll be likely terminals come before or with ground vehicles.

3 Likes

I love this idea!

4 Likes

So unless each terminal is copied and pasted, each one would need designing individually which means lots of work

1 Like

Airports in IF are already hand-crafted. It’s extremely long and tiring, plus it’s voluntary work (thank you, IFAET, you’re awesome), but the result is some of the most detailed airports in mobile sims. I don’t know if they’ll be able to do terminals, but it might be possible in time. You never know.

But I’m getting ahead of myself, this is about ground vehicles, isn’t it? We can have ground vehicles in the future, it’s not possible now because of the strain it would put on devices. But it may be possible in the future. Same with terminals.

1 Like

Okay, quit trying to prove me wrong and quit drawing this out for a second, this is about ground vehicles. Please move it to a DM if you’re really that concerned.

1 Like

Yes but RFS has terrible graphics. Therefor can add things more as they are sacrificing graphics.

3 Likes

not false lol, is not RFS but UFS , gg if you understood XD

2 Likes