Ground to Assign Parking Gate

So I know that ground can send aircraft to parking. But what if they were able to select the gate for you to go to as well. This could show gates already occupied by planes and gates already assigned for planes to go to.
So once you have your gate its your gate. No one else can steal it. This may progress the world where Tower and Ground would have to be two different people because of the extra workload, but why not? Lets make it more realistic to be ground control.

Thoughts?

5 Likes

I could see this be implemented on advanced. This could be just for trolls also.,

It would be nice if the game also knew what terminals were which airline, but I guess that’s a little too much to ask for.

Nice feature anyways! I’d really like to see it!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

MaxSez: gates are numbered, but the numbers don’t correspond to ground markings, signage etc. Don’t think this will work until infrastructure (building/build out) are introduced.

1 Like

it would mean either a feature I’ve seen on FSX (progressive taxi lines) where it gives you arrows to follow to the gate or for there to be gate numbers on the map of an airports ground.

i think i just answered a way to do that above.

2 Likes

Nice…but before something like that is implanted in the game, i would be thankful if the airports have signs where which gate is…

Does Hawaiian count as an international carrier with their 767s? They have T1 at LAX as their assigned parking aprons.

@Thomas_Oehrling… Noted the in comment term “Progressive Taxi” & That IF Ground Controlling is “Dull”! Let consider “Progressive Taxi”, it a term clearly defined in the AIM and in the multiple safety brochures & films publish by the FAA on Airport Markings, Procedures and specificity Taxi guidance. “Request Progressive Taxi to Gate/FBO/Spot” is a well used, correct and acceptable Pilots request for verbal Ground Controller assistance in navigating Taxi ways to an assigned Parking Spot/Gate. Progressive Taxi procedures fit smartly into the duties of the IF Ground Controller. Let’s give the ground guy or gal something positive to do. Add “Request Progressive Parking to##” to the communications menu of the Ground Freq. (Progressive Parking will be the subject of a complete Topic soliciting comments shortly)

(Info: @Huw @Tyler_Shelton)

2 Likes

The thing you need to relise is that gates aren’t always marked on the ground there actually on the building itself/sign, plus with taxiway signs that guide.

Unless they marked all gates in the ground with a “progress taxi”. They would need to add these before this could become a reality:

Apart from that buddy, it’s a very good idea and I’m for it. With the required features it would work.

This is why I suggested maybe the taxiways and gate numbers being displayed on the map so you have an idea of where to go to. wouldn’t that be a temporary solution?

1 Like