Ground Lights at Night

Night flying has always been an exuberant experience for me in real life because looking out of the window you can see the shapes of cities and towns outlined by their warm amber street lights.
When it comes to Infinite Flight, the world at night is submerged in pure darkness. Flying at night in IF is rather an unentertaining business than intriguing, unless it’s an all nighter long haul flight.
Now it has come to my mind that IF needs to progressively implement ground lighting effects over cities at night to render the sceneries more realistic and fun for pilots.

Vote if you think the same!

Yah especially taxi lights

2 Likes

There is already a post on this

You can go vote for it below

It’s different I’m talking about city lights

2 Likes

Oh, yah I hate flying in IF at night I can’t see a thing anywhere

2 Likes

I think that is a really good idea. You got my vote. Remember to vote for your own topic!

If you fly over New York City all you see is pure darkness

1 Like

Yeah but they would be very require a lot more powerful devices to render in all of the lights exactly how it would look in real life.

I voted !!

Wait! I found a topic similar to this:

1 Like

That’s the topic I was looking for.

1 Like

I don’t know how the satellite imagery works but FDS could probably only light up the roads at night and it look more realistic, or something like Rortos have done with generic imagery

2 Likes

Please read the post again. I said “progressively”

But people like things realistic not like FSX did back in the 2 thousands with there bad city lights sure they were good but if FDS add this it will most likely start in just one place most likely being SFO as that’s where you first start when you first buy the game and slowly expand out across the world.

Let’s start by correctly lit runways, taxiways. And the landing lights have to illuminate the ground too

1 Like