Green Africa Airways Orders 50 A220-300s - First Delivery August 2020

Airbus and Green Africa Airways have announced a major A220 order.

Following the major A220 news regarding “Airbus & The Government of Québec Fully Acquire The A220 Program From Bombardier”…

Green Africa Airways has announced a Memorandum of Understanding for 50 Airbus A220-300 aircraft.

• The Lagos-based airline has placed one of the largest orders for the A220 and the largest A220 order in Africa.

Babawande Afolabi, Founder & CEO of Green Africa Airways said, “Together with Airbus, we are incredibly proud to announce the largest order ever for the A220 from the African continent. The Green Africa story is a story of entrepreneurial boldness, strategic foresight and an unwavering commitment to using the power of air travel to create a better future”.

Interestingly, Green Africa Airways placed a firm order for 50 Boeing 737 MAXs with 50 options back in December 2018. However, due to the MAX groundings, their 737 MAXs will be delayed. It’s unconfirmed if these A220s will be replacing their MAX order, but there’s a strong possibility.

Full PR: https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-releases/en/2020/02/airbus-and-green-africa-announce-strategic-partnership-with-mou-for-50-a220s.html

It’s now been announced that Green Africa Airways will receive its first three A220s by August 2020 through leasing company GTLK Europe

Congrats to Airbus and Green Africa Airways on this deal!

15 Likes

Great to see the A220 expanding its reach! The aircraft is fantastic and can serve niches as well as major markets.
Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Nice win for Airbus! Glad to see the A220 getting more and more attention.

I’m not gonna lie but thats the ugliest A220 livery I’ve ever seen.

6 Likes

I must admit that I really like the modern touch, with the bright colour, but that’s a question of taste!

It definitely is! Airbus has really developed the program in a success story!

4 Likes

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

I love Green Africa’s livery and I’d love it on the A220.

The livery isnt very special in my oppinion, but this is definitely good for Airbus. Lets see what the future beholds for this airline

I love the tail but I feel like the lettering shouldn’t be green because it’s too hard to read. Maybe black

I love the A220 (of course when it was the CS100), great to see it getting orders, but would hate to see it replace the 737Max

That A220 looks like me after using a sharpie…

1 Like

And it supports the Canadian Economy!!!

2 Likes

It’s now been announced that Green Africa Airways will receive its first three A220s by August 2020 through leasing company GTLK Europe

They also updated their website:

https://www.greenafrica.com/

3 Likes

Jeeeeeeevuzzzz that is bright!

1 Like

Great to see some more orders for the CSeries. That livery looks good on it too, modern livery for a modern plane I guess.

1 Like

Seems pretty underrated.
If the green was slightly darker, It’d be amazing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.