Grade Requirement Changes

Blog article by Jason Rosewell

Life too busy to maintain your grade? No problem.

With Infinite Flight 24.2 inbound, we wanted to bring a change to your attention that deserves its own spotlight. Something we’ve iterated on several times over the years of multiplayer is our grade system. For 24.2 we’re making a change that will allow pilots to maintain expert server access once it has been achieved.

TL;DR

• The 90-day landing count and 90-day flight time count are going away for grades 1, 2, and 3
  • This change is retroactive. If this requirement has prevented you from keeping your grade in the past, you’ll automatically be bumped back up assuming you still meet the rest of the requirements that remain in effect
  • Yes, this means if you’ve lost expert server access due to not meeting the landing and/or flight time requirements, you’ll regain it with this change

Read the full article →

206 Likes

Cool, Jason. Can not wait to try it out. It’s gonna be interesting how this affects different people.

9 Likes

Interesting - curious to see how this will affect things.

10 Likes

Wow!!! This is so cool! Can’t wait for 24.2 Jason!!!

4 Likes

Finally I won’t be kicked out of expert just because I have exam season or something like that.

30 Likes

So only for users with grade 1, 2 or 3 right?

10 Likes

Looks cool it will definitely benefit many people who are busy

4 Likes

Now this… this is something I can really get behind. Finally, my Infinite Flight arch-nemesis is gone.

5 Likes

Finally I don’t really have time to fly that much so before my flight I end up having to go to causal serve and get landings before I can do a flight

Like😭😭

25 Likes

Awesome article Jason! Awesome to know that my Grade 3 will be kept and won’t be reduced! Thank’s again!

4 Likes

This is actually such a cool change! I suppose now it would be far more easier to reach grade 4 or 5, but much harder to maintain it!

7 Likes

This will be really cool! Maybe the expert server will finally get better 😂… or get worse 🥶🥶🥶.

5 Likes

Awesome! I was planning to reactivate my subscription after a long time for the a389 and I’m really curious to see how this affects me. Can’t wait!

5 Likes

If I’m right in saying. This will have no effect on the 90 day limit for grade 4 & 5. So you will still need to meet this requirement.

11 Likes

Hm. I think the real change should be making the expert server requirements more harsh because that’s what needs to happen. 2/3 times I’m on the expert server there’s always just someone with only like 150 hours to mess it all up…

17 Likes

Was just about to say something but you said it before me.

I totally agree.

Don’t really like this update.

9 Likes

Ok well I’m not saying that. Im just saying we need more harsh expert server rules. Im just imaging a server where everyone is actually doing realistic flights and not flying F22s in the pattern at LAX 🙁… that stuff is for the casual server.

10 Likes

I don’t think that this will be a good change. Without the 90 day limit, those who have left the game for a long time but still have lots of logged hours will have indefinite access to the expert server. However, since they have left the game for so long, they are very likely to have forgotten a lot of the game’s mechanics, making them much less experienced than an actual grade 3+ pilot. With the current system, these people will have to relearn the game so their minds can be refreshed, and be an actually capable pilot for grade 3+, keeping the expert server for actual experts.

6 Likes

It would be great if Grade 4 & 5 landing count could be lowered as well. like u literally have to land twice a day for Grade 5 and land once every day for Grade 4.

6 Likes

This will be amazing given I can’t keep up will the grade 5 requirements for the life of me 😅
Which for that I blame school and my lack of nerdiness

3 Likes