Grade criteria are all outta wack

Firstly, I want to clarify that this is not intended to be critical of the developers decisions. Y’all do some great work and I’m beyond grateful for what you guys do for the community.

With that out of the way, let’s begin shall we?

I have a bit of a vendetta against the criteria for grading up (is that the correct term?) in Infinite Flight. I’ve been Grade 3 for probably a year or so. No issue with that because I can still access the Expert Server, and it really doesn’t affect the gameplay that much. That being said, I have nearly 500 total landings, almost 2,000,000 XP and over 3,000 flight hours. The only thing holding me back from becoming Grade 4 is my number of landings in the past 90 days.

100 landings in the past 90 days is, in my opinion, WAY too excessive. I’ve been jumping from Grade 3 to Grade 4 for the past month or two because I’ll get the 90 day landing requirement met, and then the next day I’m back down to Grade 3 because the amount of landings in that timeframe changes, more or less, daily.

Maybe I’m the only person who is having this problem. Maybe I’m preaching to the choir right now, but I’m sure at least some of you can understand my frustration. When you’ve put in so much of your time and energy into something like this, you want to be rewarded, even if it’s just a meaningless title.

So here’s my suggestion; please, PLEASE, change it. Lower it to 70, 60, 50, doesn’t really matter. I think 100 is really unreasonable. For advancing (found it, that’s the one right there) to Grade 5 from Grade 4, yeah maybe 100 is a good number, but I really dislike the current criteria because it’s just too high. 100 landings in 90 days, out of a required overall 400 landings!? That’s a quarter of all of your landings!

Thank you for listening to my whining and I hope you will consider my perspective.

Yours truly, barrel
1 Like

It’s fine in my opinion - and it might not even be enough. I personally think Grade 3, 4, and 5 are too easy to obtain.

Grade 4 & 5 aren’t supposed to be easy to maintain 😅

Edit: if it was easier to reach those grades, would it feel like less of an achievement?

3 Likes

Grading beyond 3 (Grade 4, Grade 5) doesn’t physically achieve much other than saying ‘this is all I do all day and have a slight change in colour to prove it’. Therefore in my opinion, there should ideally be some form of higher ranking that is not immediately attainable to everyone who reaches the Expert Server. As stated by yourself here, it’s not easy to advance and achieve a green or pale colour to your nametag, and that’s why it is often seen as a unique and nieche grade which is deserving of your “time and energy”.

If all users were able to become grade 5 more easily, would that make achieving the grade feel more deserving and suitable, or would it potentially deterioate its reputation as more and more people have the grade and it becomes more of a commonly attainable thing?

4 Likes

Let’s do the maths here.

The 90-day requirement for landings is 100. That’s just over 1 landing/day. That honestly isn’t too difficult. It take 5 minutes to rack up a few landings with touch and goes and pattern flying.

I’m bouncing between Grade 3 and Grade 4 atm as well because of university, but I don’t care. Once you are Grade 3, imo what grade you are doesn’t really matter…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.