Grade change?

Has anyone else received a grade change after the update?

I didn’t not know that a grade change was a part of this update, and am rather irritated that I can no longer access the expert server.

2 Likes

The same thing happend to me and I’m pissed

2 Likes

Check out the new Grade Table and the New Grade Table Requirements in a recent Blog posting from Misha. This is in an effort to make the Expert Server more Expert/Experienced

4 Likes

This is unfortunate, but it has been added to make IF more realistic and more proffesional. I dropped from Grade 5 to Grade 3 actually

3 Likes

Just do the extra things to get up to the level. This is better because it prevents inexperienced people from going on the expert server

1 Like

I understand WHY they did it, but I’m still irritated. The thing that was great about Grande 3 is that I could not fly for a month and then hop on and still enjoy the realism and well done piloting dome by those on the expert server. Now I cannot, and find it unattractive to keep my Pro Subscription.

1 Like

So looks like you have to fly 4 hours and do many landings (for the 90 day count) to get to grade 3… not that bad tbh… Do some touch and goes also

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. I’m considering ending my subscription, as the requirements are ridiculous. They changed them to get more money.

2 Likes

15 Hours and 30 Landings in ~3 Months is nothing. There’s many potential solutions to lead you to getting back to Grade 3+. Let me know if you wish to get up and do some pattern work on go for a long haul! I’m always available :)

Don’t let this deter you from using this app. But think about the reasons behind it and why it was an important thing to add

It’s like 30 landings on the TRAINING SERVER. The way this was executed makes me absolutely irate.

i fly long haul every day, just turn on device, then come back at night. problem is the landings, so many landings I need to go to grade 4

1 Like

I had to do this the other day, it took me less than 20 minutes to do the 30 landings.

1 Like

Yes! Also I don’t really see how making people “land” more is going to improve the quality of a player.

1 Like

Does your phone overheat when you leave it

It’s not that I’m against doing long hauls, but I’m not Uber wealthy. I have my iPad, and I use it throughout the day.

They changed the requirements to 90 day periods so you keep renewing so you don’t go down in levels. It’s sad how every company only cares about money.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer! What I have a problem with is how this was executed. Those that were grade 3 with little to no violations should’ve stayed grade 3, or been given a set block amount of time to be able to regain their grade 3 access. Making someone land 30 more times will not make them a better pilot.

2 Likes

I appreciate the grade change honestly. There has been many complains about inexperienced Pilots, and I agree with them as well.

1 Like

It’s always been 90 day periods. All it is, you need more landings. Grade 3 is of important consideration as it gain you access to the expert server. To improve standards, this is where changes can be made to address any issues. I had to do 25 landings the other day, I’m fine with that if it results in less people on the expert server who just got the game without much experience.

The time period makes no difference to anyone, it doesn’t increase the likelihood of repeat purchasing at all.

By increasing the requirements, the progress takes longer to get back. They want you to keep renewing so you don’t lose your progress.

1 Like