Grade 6 level & Vector Q

I would like to see once in the future the possibility to fly without the vector cue on the HUD, like in real flights on all liners apart of the B787 and MIL fighters. This could be proposed as an option to switch on/off or create a Grade 6 level, where this feature would be inhibited as default. The Grade level would distinguish the more experienced pilots, which can handle the increased complexity and reality. By the way, this feature is about hiding a function instead of adding something more! Dev’s would maybe appreciate it.
Blue skies

12 Likes

one feuture request at a time please . Also I believe the option to turn off the velocity vector has been requested before.

1 Like

I think people should be able to decid emerger they want the velocity vector

1 Like

@Laminar. MaxSez; Apparantly you have not yet become fully versed in the Cockpit controls. You can deactivate the HUD by switching HUD-2 thus no Q. Please read today’s Topic "Sunday Clich’e and thought for the day. As for Grade #6. Pls consider “Regular” Grade #6. Problem solved.
Gooday… Next

8 Likes

Yeah but all the speed and altitude indicators go away as well

1 Like

@nicochile2. Right, that’s what the DashBoards for.! Set up a 6 Pack as I do.
Max

1 Like

Yes but it may be difficult to fully concentrate while having the indicators at the bottom while having to look at the runway.
Also, if you want to fly an ILS approach, without velocity vector, you cannot do that.

1 Like

@nicochile2… think about it. What about a “continual Scan”, ILS is not applicable to IF steam gauges! Modern Airliners have glass cockpits they have a Flight Director (FD) which is the same display as a HUD which mirrors the FD.
Within the IF inventory only the GA’s would fly w/o a FD/HUD installed. Wanna eyeball in IF HUD -2 is the only option. Got it. Max

2 Likes

@nicochile2. Take a look at DME/ADF ILS Approach. No FD/HUD. Keep in mind IF has no Steam Gage instrumentation thus no ADF. Eyeball ILS requires a working ADF gauge. Google it.

2 Likes

I don’t think we should add another level. Grade 5 is fine

5 Likes

Fair enough. Still have my doubts regarding ILS approaches, without the current HUD view on IF to support it. Flight director is a good idea, so yeah fair enough

2 Likes

@nicochile2. Remember. ILS is designed for faul weather low/minimum visibility. You fly an ILS Approach in IMC, Approaches in clear Wx are routinely VFR. The Vector is a modern innovation, it was invented to augment the human eye which is not infaulable. The Vector is a lifesaver!

2 Likes

Thanks for your interest in this topic, I fully agree that the vector indicator is an absolutely effective help, nevertheless To fly an approach, even with ILS and crosswind without it is a very challenging experience. By the way, is a quite normal setup in other simulators

1 Like

Classy response as always

1 Like

If you are going down that road…let’s have a Grade 8 level for flying on at least two other views…the majority of the time without even having a cockpit HUD…like the early barnstormers did…of course that would require some type of lock that would disable the HUD…but l find flying on the…plane view… as I call it… much more enjoyable and realistic at times…also if you are flying the spitfire…you have no fancy displays anyway…so it is good training to simulate emergency situations…and esp for the SR-22 …whose cockpit display takes up way too much of the allowable visual space…IMHO…