Grade 4 questions

Hi I just turned grade 4 and was wonderingly something about the 100 landing for 90 days. After 90 days does it go back to 0 just wondering thanks.

2 Likes

The landings will expire 90 days after they happen, so not all at once. Just keep doing patterns and you should be able to stay at Grade 4

2 Likes

So when u are grade 4 u have to maintain it?

1 Like

Yes, it’s quite easy, I just to 5 landings a day which takes about 15 minutes,.

2 Likes

U lucky to be grade 4 enjoy it😁

2 Likes

Just takes a little time, you’ll get there shortly

3 Likes

U to @United2 enjoy

2 Likes

I hope so…

2 Likes

Just like anything which requires maintaining a skill set or keeping up to date with certifications. Pilots have to maintain certain levels of activity, just like doctors, nurses, pharmacists, whatever.

100 landings per 90 days works out to 1.1 landing per day. And you don’t have to do them every day. 5 one day, none the next, doesn’t matter, so long as over every 90 day period looking back there’s 100 landings at some point.

1 Like

It’s really simple, all you need to do is some pattern work. I myself do 2-5 or even 6 flights a day sometimes, so that’s how I “maintain” grade 4. If you think you are slipping below, do some pattern work in a TBM or maybe a Xcub. Welcome to the green club!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.