Grade 4/5 users

I feel like Grade 4 and Grade 5 users should get a little more praise for getting to that level considering how long it might have taken to reach that level.

Here are some things I thought of (all of them do not have to be added)

• Grade 4 and Grade 5 users have their own server with IFATC splitting between this and expert sever
  • Double XP per flight
  • Trainers for casual server- Grade 1 users
  • Other ideas?

I don’t think it would be necessary. Anyone can be Grade 4/5 is they waste enough time to become one. It doesn’t show skill but rather dedication.

64 Likes

Interesting idea there, I don’t have any votes left though… sorry;)

2 Likes

Grade is no indication of how serious a user is. A grade 1 can fly better than a grade 5. Furthermore, expert server would just slowly degrade into what is training server now as IFATC move more of their workload to control on expert +, then you are left with two trainings and an expert+ which is similar to what we have now.

32 Likes

Intresting idea but not anyone can be a trainer .
I agree of having there own server

2 Likes

It’s not about grade, it’s more about knowlege!

45 Likes

Hmmm yeah that is true! However, i do believe there should be more recognition for grade 4 and above users than a color change

2 Likes

It actually does not take too long at all

5 Likes

If we need an “Expert+”, I’d propose an idea for applying to actually join the server at all.

3 Likes

@TimShan05 That sounds very familiar to one of my own posts, lol…

OP: Grades 4/5 just show that we spend more time on the sim than other pilots. Our reward is the colored tag, and I don’t believe we deserve anything else. Furthermore, we barely have enough controllers to fully staff all featured airports right now, so adding an extra server and splitting the controllers would just decrease the quality of everyone’s experience. Just my $0.02. :)

9 Likes

Definitely an idea I support.
An idea I suggest is to give them priority access in approach path.

5 Likes

Some people made some great points. I’d also like the bring up the internal struggle this can bring. More servers = more money which = more support for more servers.

1 Like

That server would just be empty. When I was a new pilot I was disappointed to discover that I had to reach grade 3 to fly on expert, let alone have to apply.

3 Likes

A few things

1. There is no point in having separate servers for Grades 4 and 5. This would be too much work to add and organize. You would need double the ATC for Expert and the “special server”, which isn’t very practical. It’s way easier for 3,4,5 to all be in one.
  2. Double XP isn’t really necessary. Just fly more long hauls to gain XP.
6 Likes

I don’t think so. The way that I understood what @Tsumia said, anyone could be on the Expert+ server as long as they pass an acceptance test of some sort. Feel free to correct me is if wrong.

Yes, you can only be on the Expert+ server if you pass some sort of practical test! It would most likely be a challenging test

2 Likes

I’d agree with grade 5 pilots having some sort of recognition other than the colour, only if the current grading changed to a tougher one that is based on standing and skill, and xp earned by flying to and from active airports on ES, not by just gaining certain hours and landings that can be reached on TS with no much understanding of basic ATC instructions. Because I’ve seen many G5 pilots with over a million xp flying and behaving unprofessionally!

3 Likes

Quality over quantity, that’s something to consider.
We don’t want just a higher level user who behaves like a G1 on that server. We need them to be experienced, qualified, and especially reasonable in flight. The current ES will soon be left to rot if this would occur. It’s like a domino effect where one will lead to another. Again it’s a matter of quality over quantity.
The idea is possible, but with such a versatile range of users, there really isn’t a viable option just yet.

1 Like

As Regulars. We aren’t here to do that! :)

3 Likes

As the local forum comedian. I am here to make jokes! :)

1 Like