Grade 3

I’ve recently been finding difficulty getting XP, I don’t know the best ways to get XP as I’ve had many long flights and I’ve even tried flying around an airport in a cesna just taking off and landing. so if anyone could help that would be great.

Just keep doing what your doing and avoid violations and you’ll get there!

4 Likes

Touch and goes is the best way. You get more XP for landings than flight hours

2 Likes

Tight Touch&Goes at an airport with windy weather is a great way to rack up XP quickly IMO!

2 Likes

Long haul for flight time - Touch and goes for landings

2 Likes

Thanks it’s great to hear I haven’t been wasting my time☺.

1 Like

Find a random empty airport on the Casual server. Takeoff from RWblah, climb to 500ft and turn 25 degrees to the left. Then when you are 2nm out turn right and intercept the ILS for a touch and go. Repeat till it get’s boring. You will rack up XP, that’s how I got over the line to Grade 3. It also is expedites the landing learning process.

Also, you could just remain in the pattern like a normal person.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll get right to it.

1 Like

Aha thanks, that’ll really help getting up to that next grade.

My suggestion is on KEDW on casual. Cessna 208. No people + a loot of runways. So just take off and land in 30 seconds:)

1 Like

If that was a question, than yes. All you need is one runway. :)

1 Like

Touch and goes in the spitfires tends to leave the most XP. Long haul flights are also a great way. You can get up to double XP when flying by hand too.

2 Likes

i reached grade 3 in 2 days from a fresh account by doing a longhaul when i was sleeping lots of touch and goes and patterns and just flying in general

2 Likes

Find a quite airport with 30 kts wind and start doing pattern work.👌🏽👍🏼

6 Likes

You can do a couple ultra long haul. 16 hours flights will give you about 10000xp

3 Likes

Wow thanks I’ll get right to that.

1 Like

Another tip if you don’t want to do touch and goes are to get to papa westrey I think its called. Just google the shortest flight in the world and you will find it. Thats what I used to do instead of touch and goes due to it being extremely boring. The flight time is about 1 minute, go with whatever server you like, I tend to use expert and just ignore using the ATC since there isn’t a soul within 300 miles.
Otherwise its like others have said. If you want lots of XP, do long range, I did London to Perth a few times and suddenly I had 170.000 xp.

2 Likes

Reaching Grade 3 absent any ATC interaction is all well-and-good (interaction with TS ATC probably has a net negative benefit anyway), but don’t forget that aspect of it when you join Expert.

It’s one thing to fly 100 touch-and-goes at isolated airfields, quite another to hop into a busy FNF on Expert never having interacted with ATC or watched the tutorials. Typically in those situations, Grade 3 is achieved very temporarily before reverting right back again.

4 Likes

Just head onto casual on maybe a CCX or C208, spawn at a quiet or empty airport and then do touch and goes ensuring you are on the ground for around 10secs and airborne for more than 15secs!

2 Likes

@CPR1606 MaxSez: Just Fly the Damm Plane CPR. Fill the blocks, Stay away from those big fat ugly people pervayers, until your in the mid Grade 2’s early 3’s, BFF driving point to point is not flying, it bus driving. Don’t be distracted by the bad vibes about TS-1, It’s a Training Server. There are some fine Controller on that sight, ignore the odvious new kids, remember they grow up to become IFATC’s. Don’t let the bloviators distract you.

Fly the Damm Plane, everything else will fall into place.

PS: Expert is a great goal but there’s a bit of myth attached, it is not the end all, be all. Good Luck. (Drop me a PM let me know how your doing in a few weeks, Questions, PM anytime)

Regards

3 Likes