GPS Approach Colour Change

I would love to have the ability to change the GPS approach colour. When flying an approach I always have a hard time finding it on radar due to its white coloration. Having it changed to a more visible colour like the ILS approach would make a significant difference in my opinion.

I have the same issue. I like to fly with lower brightness on my iPad, and often I have to turn the brightness up to at least 75% to be able to see it. Very frustrating sometimes.

6 Likes

Maybe turn on terrain, the green, grey and brown background might help with the white GPS approach color.

I usually fly with terrain color on.

If you have trouble finding the radar as a pilot, can you imagine how hard is it to give good interceptions when we can’t see the cone as approach controllers? This really needs to be updated.

9 Likes

This is the most genius thing ever! I’m quit serious. When I was flying to PHNL, I couldn’t find the GPS approach for 08R. I’m not sure how the approach controller did at the time.

1 Like

PHNL is not too bad because we can enable airways on the radar screen and there’s an airway that goes right over 08R approach lane - that is of huge help :).

2 Likes

Never knew that @MannyG thanks.

2 Likes

You are welcome. Same for TNCM, by the way.

2 Likes

I remember there was a post mentioning this issue and Tyler replied by saying that it’s planned to be fixed in a future update. I agree with this topic, though. It’s very difficult to see if you are a pilot and it’s even more difficult to see if you are controlling.

1 Like

I think the topic might’ve been closed because I didn’t see anything about it when I looked for something like this topic.

A darck blue would be nice for the GPS.

1 Like

What about the ocean? :)

2 Likes

I think keeping it white is the best. Of course, if it’s made more visible and distinctive

I’m sorry, but what is “color”? Co-lor? Colooo-r?

Kidding aside, I also find it quite tough finding the GPS Approach on the map when flying VFR. When you have a flight plan you should already know the way you’re going to be approaching the airport so it isn’t too bad then.

Nice request either way!

2 Likes

Haha good point. Then how about yellow

1 Like

I posted this a little while back. I have an occasional issue with the approach cones.

1 Like

People who aren’t colorblind like myself also have an issue. It’s just that the cone is so light that it blends into the background essentially unless you turn your brightness up.

2 Likes