Gov’t shutdown affecting US aircraft inspections and investigations

With the current shutdown of the US gov’t, some aircraft inspectors are not working. Which means they aren’t inspecting planes which many people claim makes flying less safe. Also small aircraft accidents are not being investigated for the time being. So what do you think, do you feel nervous about flying now? Is it as serious as it sounds?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/transportation/2019/01/02/faa-investigators-have-prioritize-more-during-partial-federal-shutdown/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article223864750.html

2 Likes

That’s not good for my country. This government need to open now. I’m just saying it’s my opinion.

1 Like

I think this is the stupidest thing Trump has ever done. I am all for Border protection. But shutting down the US is not the way to do it. So stubborn! People are losing money, taxes are rising, and all the crap with aviation. This is ridiculously dumb!

3 Likes

I feel like based on past post and the sensitivity of this situation in America that this topic should be closed as it could get out of hand fast. This should probably be a read only topic, let’s keep it clean and about our community here without the politics.

8 Likes

I see what your saying, keep it about the aviation related aspect of it. Agreed

2 Likes

People not investigating small aircraft accident, man, so much people are going to be angry. This is outrageses, even for an Aussie hearing this.

2 Likes

Let’s be careful talking politics views, this isn’t the first time that feds were furlough. I was furloughed two or three times under the President Obama. Everyone who works for the Feds know that this is a possibility.

3 Likes

There hasn’t been a single fatal plane crash incident during the shutdown

And the government was shut down for a reason and to be honest, we are all fine and living normal lives.
It’s not the end of the world if the government gets shut down.

As long as they are airplanes still in the air, there is nothing to worry about :)

3 Likes

Taxes have not increased because of the government shutdown.

5 Likes

That’s kind of contradictory, Trump isn’t budging on border security but you want him to toughen up?

4 Likes

This is how post like this get closed.

3 Likes

May I just remind at this, and I’m writing that without stating my own opinion on the matter:

Politics are very interesting. And debating politics is very fun. I love that. However: A thread like that ain’t no place for that. It’s confusing, there are to many people with individual conversations involved, …

If everyone would be able to stick to a reasonable debate, able to accept other opinions without getting personal, then topics like that could work. Otherwise… Well.

1 Like

Well. He shut down part of the government cause they wouldn’t let him build his wall. Which would cost something along the lines of 5 billion dollars or something. That sounds babyish if you ask me.

And anyway, I don’t want to get into an argument. Just my opinion.

Unlike Australia, 5 billion is pennies for the US. Additionally, Democrat representatives advocated for border security in the past (around 2010), they conveniently changed their opinion now just to go against whatever the president wants.

Additionally, the state of California alone spends upwards of 25 billion dollars a year providing taxpayer subsidized funding to illegal immigrants, whether it be for education, health care, or law enforcement.

5 Likes

Ya this can get political very quickly, I recommend everyone just stay on the aviation side of this. Be mature about this topic as it may be rather sensitive.

I’ve deleted my post. And why can’t you people respect somones opinion? As I said before, it’s just my opinion and I don’t mean any offence or get into any argument.

Whether or not you had the intent for it to be offensive, it will still get the best of people. Which is why I recommend staying out of the political aspect of this and focus on the aviation side of it!

3 Likes

yeah, unfortunately democrats wont pass the new spending bills so… 🤷‍♂️

false

2 Likes