Gotta love when if crashes on short final

Well. I’m done for the day… if just crashes on 5nm final, at Heathrow, I flew from jfk, and it crashes. 6 hours wasted… anyone else have any infuriating crashes after long flights?

12 Likes

That’s probably one of the worst things to happen. Sorry bro

3 Likes

I understand the feeling, the longer the flight the worse the feeling is.

2 Likes

Oh yeah… at least it wasn’t ULTRA long

Hey there!

Unfortunately, there has been an increase in the crash reports in recent weeks. The best advice to mitigate them as much as possible is to lower your graphics settings and close any apps that may be running in the background - realistically, you won’t need them during a flight (unless you use an IF-related third-party apps, such as In-Flight Operations, in which case you can probably leave them open, and if crashes continue, close them too) and see if crashing still occurs.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you had an opportunity to review the support faq for helping performance, but there are some really good recommendations in this link that should improve your experience.

2 Likes

Yep you weren’t the only one that disappeared on my screen, sorry!

2 Likes

Yep. Happened twice to me in Heathrow already this week. Graphics are all on medium on an iphone 12. Guess I won’t fly to lhr anymore

2 Likes

Happened to me yesterday at Seoul after 13 hours, just the pain we gotta go through lmao

1 Like

Don’t feel too bad tho, I started a flight from KLAX-OEJN last night before going to bed, woke up this morning with about 6 more hrs to go and the app just closed on me smh

1 Like

11 hour flight EGLL-KLAX

1 Like

When a game like infinite flight exists always have a backup form of entertainment - pro tip from a long time IF player

2 Likes

Haven’t had it crash on short final yet but I’ve had some weird stuff happen right after touchdown at busy airports (rudder wouldn’t engage causing me to roll off the side of the runway, random camera view change while trying to hold centerline, brakes stuck causing me to stop on the runway (this was before autobrake)).

3 Likes

Sorry man… pain is felt for you…😢 My iPad does that from time to time. It helps me to restart it from time to time before a flight.

1 Like

The worst thing if I forget to plug in my tablet or it unplugs during a flight the game freezes then I can’t do anything but to close the app and restart it flight progress lost. It’s a pain in the butt to be honest

1 Like

Damn… that really sucks

Haha, yeah… this ain’t gonna stop me from playing if all the time

1 Like

Thanks for the advice

I’ll try that, thanks!

Damn… well atleast there’s an easy fix for that one!