Gordon Does the Unthinkable

KATL-KLAX | KLAX-KMSP
3hrs 57mins | 3hrs 3mins
Bombardier CRJ-900
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Family!!! It’s been a minute since I’ve done a post like this, but I did something cool yesterday and I thought I’d share it with the world… Yesterday, I flew a CRJ-900 from Atlanta to Los Angeles then, from Los Angeles to Minneapolis non-stop on both legs. I didn’t think I’d make it, but I did!! On the second leg, I was gonna go further to maybe BDL, BOS, or JFK, but I was tired and ready land so I just stuck with MSP 😂 (I had at least 2 hrs of fuel left) The CRJ9, at least on infinite flight, was very fuel efficient. I definitely was impressed especially since it was my first full flight on the CRJ-900. There are some things that need to be updated on the 900, but it worked pretty well for me. Anyway, I hope y’all have been doing well, and hopefully I can do more flights like this. Until then, y’all be safe ✊🏾

1. ATL-LAX flight plan. Again, this was non-stop!!

1. Blasting off of Atlanta’s runway 26L. The CRJ9 is a very fast plane, but I also need to do some more practicing on it before I judge it 😂 (It took some hard work to get it in the air and control it properly)

1. Approaching Santa Fe, NM. Views from main cabin

1. Final approach onto LAX’s runway 24R. This landing wasn’t the best, but it wasn’t my worse either. The CRJ is a plane that I need to practice on so I can’t talk too much junk on it because I too play apart in how it operates 🤷🏾‍♂️

1. Taking a quick rest and refuel break before heading to Minneapolis. I believe we were on the ground for about 30 minutes before heading to the runway for takeoff.

1. Here’s the flight plan for our flight over to Minneapolis. Again, no stops and no breaks. Just air time lol. It was a pretty bumpy flight to MSP, the seatbelt sign was on for the duration of the flight.

1. Taking off from runway 24L for Minneapolis. As stated before, the CRJ9 is a very fast plane. I had to do some hard work to keep control of the plane. Despite that, I really enjoyed flying this plane. I better get used to it because I’ll be flying them for Endeavor Air in about 6 years…

1. Flying just past Grand Junction, Colorado. I love this view from the comfort+ cabin on the CRJ900. The sunset also makes the vibe better

1. Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnndddd touchdown!!! We finally touched down in Minneapolis after flying for just over 3 hours from Los Angeles. This landing was an absolute greaser 😎👨🏾‍✈️ Of course carried out by yours truly 😉 I need to work on the nose wheel touchdown on the CRJ. It takes some intense work to put it down gently. (CRJ flyers know lol)

1. We made a left downwind onto MSP’s runway 30L and I greased it as said in the last paragraph. It was a good day of flying. We clocked in exactly 7 hours of flying time from ATL-LAX-MSP. Overall, it was a good day!! Let me know where you’d like for me to go and what plane I should use. I tend to only do U.S. airports because I know U.S. airports. No offense to anywhere else, but I stick to what I know 🤷🏾‍♂️ Anyway, y’all be safe ✊🏾😊
38 Likes

Didn’t think the CRJ could make the first one tbh…

3 Likes

Yeah anytime I use the CRJ family, it’s always trim up like there’s no tomorrow xD

3 Likes

I learned that the hard way 😂😂

1 Like

Maaannn, neither did I 🤦🏾‍♂️ I though we run out of fuel by Albuquerque, but we made it. We had enough fuel to continue to somewhere in North California. Maybe even Oregon somewhere

2 Likes

Gasp How dare you not fly the 737!
jk nice pics and cool route. I would NEVER want to be stuck on a Crappy Regional Jet that long irl.

Also how did you not run out of fuel!? You mustve been cutting it really close.

2 Likes

Also I keep sayin you gotta do KBOI-KATL or back.

2 Likes

I had no idea the CRJ-900 could fly so far!!

You definitely notice this on small airports such as Hilton Head and White Plains. But after you fly it a few times, it grows onto you. And I highly suggest the amazing flight of ATL-HPN or HPN-ATL. A very nice flight between a bustling hub to a small regional airport.

2 Likes

triggered its buttered for crying out loud.

10/10 topic on another note. Didn’t think the RJ could make it that far on its fuel tanks.

2 Likes

Long time no see!!! Nice pics

2 Likes

@StormyAviation lol. On the way to LAX, we about an hour and a half of fuel left once we got to our gate. And I agree—I would not want to be on a CRJ that long. Even though I haven’t been on one, I’m sure they are not that comfortable. Also, you want me to do BOI-ATL on the CRJ or the 737?

@PolandBall_120 Neither did I!! I will definitely give that route a try. Lastly, I hope it grows on me. I’ve been trying to get used to flying other planes outside of the 737. “Expanding my horizons” 😂

@thenewpilot I will definitely try to change to buttered even though I’ve gotten used to greased 😂 But yeah, this flight caught us all by surprise. I was planning to run out of fuel around Albuquerque or even Oklahoma City, but we ended up making it all the way with leftovers!!!

@CaptainAli_yt I know right. Good to see you around bud. And thank you!! You know picture editing is not my thing, so when I get complements I take them to heart ✊🏾

3 Likes

@JGordon epic! Triple digit tailwind perhaps?

1 Like

So uh quick question. When Delta A223 comes out, we flying together again or?

3 Likes

Well done bro !

1 Like

It’s actually on an A321

1 Like

@thenewpilot Nope. Only about 65 kts

@CaptainAli_yt Of course we are!!

@LKA Thank you my good sir!! ✊🏾

@StormyAviation Ok. We can arrange that

3 Likes

reminds me of how I once took the CRJ9 from SFO to OGG. I’m surprised i made it

2 Likes

Bettt!! Can’t wait to fly with you again 😁

1 Like

Damn. Didn’t know that was possible

2 Likes

@AIDAN101 Impressive!! We should do a sketchy route together

@CaptainAli_yt It is settled. I’ll let you know the route upon release 😉

@StormyAviation Isn’t that’s impressive!?

3 Likes