KATL-KLAX | KLAX-KMSP
3hrs 57mins | 3hrs 3mins
Captain J. Gordon
Family!!! It’s been a minute since I’ve done a post like this, but I did something cool yesterday and I thought I’d share it with the world… Yesterday, I flew a CRJ-900 from Atlanta to Los Angeles then, from Los Angeles to Minneapolis non-stop on both legs. I didn’t think I’d make it, but I did!! On the second leg, I was gonna go further to maybe BDL, BOS, or JFK, but I was tired and ready land so I just stuck with MSP 😂 (I had at least 2 hrs of fuel left) The CRJ9, at least on infinite flight, was very fuel efficient. I definitely was impressed especially since it was my first full flight on the CRJ-900. There are some things that need to be updated on the 900, but it worked pretty well for me. Anyway, I hope y’all have been doing well, and hopefully I can do more flights like this. Until then, y’all be safe ✊🏾
- ATL-LAX flight plan. Again, this was non-stop!!
- Blasting off of Atlanta’s runway 26L. The CRJ9 is a very fast plane, but I also need to do some more practicing on it before I judge it 😂 (It took some hard work to get it in the air and control it properly)
- Approaching Santa Fe, NM. Views from main cabin
- Final approach onto LAX’s runway 24R. This landing wasn’t the best, but it wasn’t my worse either. The CRJ is a plane that I need to practice on so I can’t talk too much junk on it because I too play apart in how it operates 🤷🏾♂️
- Taking a quick rest and refuel break before heading to Minneapolis. I believe we were on the ground for about 30 minutes before heading to the runway for takeoff.
- Here’s the flight plan for our flight over to Minneapolis. Again, no stops and no breaks. Just air time lol. It was a pretty bumpy flight to MSP, the seatbelt sign was on for the duration of the flight.
- Taking off from runway 24L for Minneapolis. As stated before, the CRJ9 is a very fast plane. I had to do some hard work to keep control of the plane. Despite that, I really enjoyed flying this plane. I better get used to it because I’ll be flying them for Endeavor Air in about 6 years…
- Flying just past Grand Junction, Colorado. I love this view from the comfort+ cabin on the CRJ900. The sunset also makes the vibe better
- Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnndddd touchdown!!! We finally touched down in Minneapolis after flying for just over 3 hours from Los Angeles. This landing was an absolute greaser 😎👨🏾✈️ Of course carried out by yours truly 😉 I need to work on the nose wheel touchdown on the CRJ. It takes some intense work to put it down gently. (CRJ flyers know lol)
- We made a left downwind onto MSP’s runway 30L and I greased it as said in the last paragraph. It was a good day of flying. We clocked in exactly 7 hours of flying time from ATL-LAX-MSP. Overall, it was a good day!! Let me know where you’d like for me to go and what plane I should use. I tend to only do U.S. airports because I know U.S. airports. No offense to anywhere else, but I stick to what I know 🤷🏾♂️ Anyway, y’all be safe ✊🏾😊