Google Stadia

Google stadia was recently announced at Google’s conference only a few hours ago.

What is Google Stadia?
Google stadia is the ability to just open chrome browser and pick out any game you want and play it instantly without having to download or update. Google Stadia works on any devices. Phones, laptops, tablets. The game runs in a chrome tab offering 60fps at 4K resolution and in 5 seconds with no installation. Google promises that Stadia’s cloud computing power is the equivalent of a console running at 10.7 GPU terraflops which is more than a PS4 and an Xbox One X combined and if Google delivers this promise it could be a huge game changer! Without high-end software or a high-end mobile phone or tablet Stadia allows you to use whatever device old or new. Google handles all the heavy lifting on its own servers. It can process the latest version of the game at high resolutions and frame rates, encode it into a stream, and deliver the stream to you over the internet. At launch, Google promises Stadia will support desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones. It is planned to launch sometime in 2019 and costs are yet to be heard. Either you will pay for individual games or buy a subscription. Google requires a streaming rate of 15Mbps, latency below 40ms, and data loss below 5%. With these requirements met, you’ll be ready to dive into a game. You can play with a keyboard and mouse or connect a game controller. The limits of Stadia are still being detailed, but Google has stated that Stadia will eventually be able to scale up to 8K / 120+fps frame rates, with 4K/ 60 fps. Stadia will also work with chrome cast offering the ability to play games on tv. Google Stadia will also allow for developers to implement split-stream local couch co-op easier, through Stream Connect. This should allow players to not only view but interact in each other’s worlds.
Google-GDC-Stadia-14

Google Stadia remote
D2CR6GUWwAAoc2P-800x472
Google’s new remote features new buttons, a instant screen shot button and google assistant.

What Could this mean for Infinite Flight?
This opportunity for Infinite Flight would allow users with older devices to play at high quality with google’s server handling the work. The opportunity to use a remote making flight smoother and easy to control for those who find it hard to use tilt. There is a possible problem with being used on a laptop but there might be a way to only strict it to mobile devices. I think this would be a very good idea for the older devices struggling to run Infinite Flight and could also offer the Devs a higher end server to handle the download of scenery and skins making it easy to run through the app. This was only announced a few hours ago so of course, it will take some time for developers to get their hands on it.

18 Likes

Impressive!

4 Likes

This is really exciting!

1 Like

This could actually solve lots of the low-end device problems with Infinite Flight. This could definitely satisfy the community.

Just the fact that you don’t need a high-end device for this and Google handles this on their own servers? It’s just incredible!

Do you mind adding an article to this thread as well, so I can have more context? Thanks.

3 Likes

How much will it cost? By the looks of it itll only be available in the US like many other services they offer

2 Likes

The cost is yet to be decided. It will roll out first in the US then expand eventually going global

1 Like

Wait is this like an app or a console?

It isn’t a console

1 Like

More like an app… on a web browser. I assume you have to pay for it, and somehow Google’s servers handle all of the processing power for your device. No word on the price yet, but I assume it could be pricey, not sure.

3 Likes

Web browser no consol just your device

1 Like

No app all done on web browser

Couldn’t say it better
By the time we get it the S10 will cost 200 $

2 Likes

Is the S10 going to cost $200 this year sounds like a bargain. Google is good at getting things done fast i know from personal experiences with knowing people who work at google.

Yh but they are extremely good at limiting services like these to one country.

2 Likes

Just like google fiber which offer insane download speeds but is limited to the US and has been available for a couple of years

2 Likes

Most of Infinite flight Users are from The US or Europe so atleast the US ones will enjoy it.

I seriously want to know when the release date is lol

1 Like

Sure theyll enjoy it but the rest of the world wont. But anyway we’ll see

2 Likes

You can only access min 15mb speed on 4g network. How much will that cost monthly? I suppose you can play at home other then that forget it.

1 Like

Just wait and see its like the hype for a infinite flight update 😂

1 Like