Google pixel C vs iPad 2018.

Hello, I wanted to know what you think is the best tablet for Infinite flight between the 2018 iPad and Google pixel C?
Personally I’m about to buy the Google tablet but the iPad makes me hesitate.
And can Google pixel slate be a good alternative?

1 Like

I have both, they are honestly very comparible. There are a few spots where the iPad is a tad smoother but nothing I find noticble unless you are looking for it.

The pixel C is an older device but am able to run IF on all high settings.

Where is your account now, apple or Android? What else are you going to use the tablet for?

The slate is new and has a different operating system which I am not sure if IF has been tested on.

4 Likes

I am currently on Android. And I wanted to have a very powerful tablet for a relatively low price.

I‘d go for the iPad since iOS devices don‘t get slow as fast as many Android devices.

1 Like

I think that depends on the device. I haven’t had slowness with either.

4 Likes

Keep in mind that the pixel c was discontinued but has been around a bit so there are plenty of accessories available.

1 Like

I can attest to what Chris S said. We spent the day together testing out the Pixel C, iPad Pro 10.5 and Samsung Tab (whatever the model) and the Pixel actually impressed me. The Samsung tablet was rather disappointing during tests.

@Chris_S I think my ears still hurt from all of the screaming at Buffalo Wild Wings 😂

5 Likes

And for the 32GB version, what is the true storage to which we have access? For the iPad and Google pixel C*

I’m traveling today but the pixel is at home. I will check later.

I have the 64gb iPad and have IF on it with roughly 15-20gb used. IF takes up 7gb with all planes and a few work apps.

1 Like

I really like Android. It’s a shame that stability is not like Apple’s with iOS. And I heard that Google pixel has screen problems. Can you confirm that?

I have not had any issues with the pixel c screen. The same goes with the pixel 2 xl or the pixel 3.

Stability has not been an issue for me on android. I know some Samsung devices have some built in throttling that can impact performance.

2 Likes

The Pixel 2 (XL) has/had problems with the screen. It has/had a strange blue shift. However, the Pixel C does not have these problems. Even if it had that blueshift, you will hardly notice it.

Regarding the storage: The 32GB version comes with 23GB-24GB of useable storage. More than enough for Infinite Flight. :)

3 Likes

Well, thank you for your answers, guys! I think I’m heading towards google pixel c definitely. Oh it would be very very very very nice if a user of the pixel could send me some pictures of this tablet with Infinite flight on it so I could give myself an idea! Thank you ✌

1 Like

Here you go. Pixel on left, iPad on right.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I was looking at the pixel C for a new tablet over my iPad air. Can someone see if the the pixel slate is supported?

1 Like

The pixel slate is a bit of a strange one. I’m currently waiting on mine to arrive, but I don’t have very high hopes. Unlike the Pixel C, the Slate is running a version of Google’s Chrome OS. Whilst this does support some native android apps, currently they are being run through an emulation system which is very unstable.

Infinite Flight is not optimised to run on the Intel processors you’d find in the Slate, so I wouldn’t personally recommend it.

5 Likes

my only wish is to find an android tablet that can run Infinite flight with the aircraft count at maximum and no lag.

Android is perfectly fine if you look in the right places. Mine was relatively cheap (cheaper than any iPhone) and runs Infinite Flight on full settings.

I bought a S7edge when it came out and two years later, I couldn‘t fly with the highest settings anymore. Every iPhone which is two years old can run IF perfectly.
My mum got one of the newest Samsung Tabs and after one year it already became very slow and couldn‘t run IF well.
Of course, the statement with „iOS devices don‘t become slow as fast as Android devices“ depends on my personal experience with these devices. My iPad mini could run IF years long.

1 Like

Well saying that Apple devices have a very little ram built in to them which is sad

1 Like