Goodbye BA747:(

Today I went to KAUS to pick up a relative, and I was fortunate enough to see the BA747 most likely for the last time(for me). (I also recorded some other planes landing, so PM arm if you want to see them.) As of October, BA will send a 77W as an effort to retire their 747 fleet. I am very sad about this and will miss seeing this beautiful bird. It’s a shame that this beast has to go😔. Side note: sorry for bad quality- pics were taken with my IPhone 8

image image

What are your thoughts on the 747 retiring?

77 Likes

I like the images of the 744.

Such an icon of Boeing and aviation :(

8 Likes

Pics didn’t upload right

Image result for nooooooo meme

37 Likes

Argh I know I’m sorry hold on guys

I’ve flown a BA747, I even got to go to the cockpit! I will miss this one!

9 Likes

Wow that’s awesome!

1 Like

I remember the day that my mom came home complaining about a old plane flying to Austin now, and after a lot to talking, I deduced it was a 744 for BA and I flipped. I’ve only gotten to see one at a Rugby practice where it tookoff right in front of me. I recently got into spotting so I need to get down there this weekend or next week asap.

2 Likes

Nice lol. Yeah you’ve gotta see it. It’s awesome. I’ve seen maybe 10 times but it never gets old.

1 Like

I’ll be there on Wednesday for pics

2 Likes

The 747-8 isn’t retiring, only the 744

It triggers me when people all 747s to the 747-400!

5 Likes

Very lucky you caught it, looks amazing, I’ll probably never be able to see a BA747 in my lifetime.

3 Likes

It had to retire in some time.

It has been in service for over 50 years

3 Likes

I’m sad on some 747 variants retiring 😭.
But great photos!

4 Likes

I’m sad but exited at the same time. I know it’s sad to see that wonderful bird go but it brings new opportunities for airlines and aircraft manufacturers to see a new aircraft with much more advanced technologies and systems that will not only make flight safer but more efficient.

1 Like

I’m flying ba 191 from lhr to aus on July 29, seat guru says it will still be a 744, but will it be changed to a 77w? Thanks

3 Likes

I think it might be. You never know though!

1 Like

I’ll be sad to see this bird leave my home country - it has been an icon of history

2 Likes

I’m conflicted, the 77w will be much more comfortable, but being on one of the last 744 flights to aus would be awesome

2 Likes

True, but the B777s are louder than you think. I’ve been on them like 30 times or more.

3 Likes