Goodbye, Air Transat A310s

Photo: BriYYZ via Flickr

Although late news, definitely something not to miss, especially for Air Transat, Canada’s low-fare option to the caribbean and cross-atlantic.

Air Transat (Transat, AT) has announced the final A310 flight.

After being in service from 1999, Air Transat has finally decided to let the A310s rest for good. Here is how it will affect both Canadian and North American and South American Operations.

How it will Affect Canadian Operations

The A310 was known for it’s amazing service on small but popular routes to the caribbean and some Cross-Atlantic. These A310s will be leaving the fleet in place for the new A321LRs, which stated by the Chief Operating Officer,

“The arrival of this new generation of aircraft is an important moment for our company and our passengers in many respects. The Airbus A321neoLR represents what Air Transat stands for today and what we strive for in the coming years” .

How it will affect the Americas

For aviators like us, the A310 is big. Sadly, if you want to fly these babies one more time, you will need to catch one of these flights, as Air Transat is the last A310 operator in the Americas. If you want to fly an A310, you’d have to fly down to Iran.

What are the last flights of the A310?

According to Routesonline, Air Transat has rescheduled the last flights of their six Airbus A310-300 aircraft. The dates that these aircraft will fly their last routes will be on:

Montreal outbound:
To Marseille on the 24th of April, 2020, returning the next day.
To Pointe-a-Pitre on the 29th March 2020
To Samana on the 26th of April 2020

Quebec City outbound:
To Cancun on the 26th of April 2020
To Puerto Vallarta on the 9th of April 2020
To Punta Cana on the 18th of April 2020

Toronto outbound:
To Manchester 29th March 2020 returning the next day.
To Porto on the 29th March 2020 returning the next day.
To Samana on the 29th March 2020

When is the last flight?

The newly updated flight has been published as Quebec City (YQB) to Paris (CDG) return, with the aircraft moving on without passengers to be decommissioned. The specific route scheduling, thanks to Routesonline, is:

Outbound

Flight number: TS112 – final flight 26th of April 2020.
Quebec City departing at 2015 PM – Arriving at 0900 AM in Paris the following day.

Inbound

Flight number: TS113 – final flight 27th of April 2020.
Paris departure at 1045 AM – 1230 PM back to Quebec city the same day.

I’ll miss you, but boy, your replacement be lookin fine 😏

28 Likes

Gonna miss the a310 😢

3 Likes

The good old A310. Time to rest!

3 Likes

They announced this in November? 🤨

Anyways, sad to see them go. The A310 was definitely not my favorite aircraft, but I’d have loved to fly on one.

2 Likes

Definitely going to try to fly on one of these.

2 Likes

They’re A310s have cabins that are so modern. If anyone has ever seen them you know what I mean. Bye bye beautiful bird, you’re time has shone!

1 Like

nice. love it. lol

1 Like

1 Like

God I wish I flew on these before they retire. I don’t think there’s a European operator.

1 Like

Got all the operators here! :)

1 Like

Yup, A320s are such exciting aircraft 😃

1 Like

I’m really going to miss getting a nice surprise when I click on an A310 on FR24 😢

2 Likes

I remember seeing them fly into Basel, Switzerland. We now get the A321neo. Definitely something smaller.

2 Likes

#endofanera

1 Like

@Tsumia I don’t think there is.

1 Like

Gone.

Air Transat accelerates the final flight for the A310 to March 31

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/290445/air-transat-moves-last-a310-scheduled-service-to-late-march-2020/

4 Likes

Aw man, sad to see them go.

1 Like

NOO! Not this bird!

1 Like

Had the privilege of flying on one of these old birds in April last year. It may of been 27 Years Old, but still flew like a dream.

Sad to see it go :(

1 Like

Noooo! I’m going to be stuck listening to depressing JuiceWRLD songs once this thing is retired. Stupid fleet modernization!

1 Like