Good Plane spotting spots at PDX

Hello! I was wondering if anyone that has gone plane spotting at Portland International (in Oregon) knows any good spots to catch departing/arriving planes. Please let me know if this should be in another topic, and I will change it as quick as I can. Thanks!

Hey! If you intend on asking people about places in the real world, then you can go ahead and switch the topic genre to #real-world-aviation, but sadly, no I don’t. I do want to go to KPDX sometime though. :( Make sure to get some pictures for us if you do find a good spot though!

1 Like

I cant change the topic for some reason. Are you able to?

I’m not a TL3, but I’m sure a regular or mod can come in and help you out with that. ;)

1 Like

I can change it for you if you’d like. I could be wrong but I do believe this is actually the correct category as the OP is asking where the best spotting locations are at an airport.

It already got changed, but thanks for the help

I know some good places at PDX to spot.

1 Like

Where would you say are the best spots? I heard along Marine Drive is pretty good

1 Like

I normally go to the top of the parking garage it is a very popular spot. You can get some really nice pictures and have access to both runways 28/10 L&R and you get some nice views of the terminal.
Another area that I’ve been to is the cell phone lot airplanes landing or taking off from 28L/10R fly right over you.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I will try these spots. Do you usually take photo? Or video.

1 Like

I’ve taken both videos and photos from the parking garage and they turned out pretty good. Although I have only taken photos from the cell phone lot.

1 Like

Thanks again for the info. Hope to go there sometime soon

1 Like

No problem! Glad I could help!🙂

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.