Good joysticks?

Hi all.

As the Christmas season approaches, I am interested in getting some equipment for IF.
Could you recommend some good kit?

• Joystick
  • rudder (or whatever you call it)
  • Throttle (can be combined with Joystick)

Also here are some minor requirements:

• Must be compatible with iPhone 8
  • Price does not matter.
  • Availability (product must be able to ship to South Africa)

Thanks
I know there was a topic for this, but I could not find it.

3 Likes

If for Christmas, I’d do a Logitech Hotas. If not, try the Logitech 3D Pro. A nice $40 joystick and good to try out

3 Likes

Thanks.
Could you give me a link/photo of what the Hotas looks like? I’m getting some different search results on Google.

Edit: so on the Logitech website, the Hotas are listed under Space, also, which one of the three is the best choice in terms of compatibility and quality
@BadPlane

2 Likes
1 Like

Is this one good?
@BadPlane

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s just the older version. I’m personally gong to get the flight system and rudder pelted from Logitech for Christmas and MFS20

1 Like

I recommend a yoke and then use a Mirror-cable to mirror to a computer and fly from there

2 Likes

If you’re on a budget, 100% recommend the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I’m doing a flight with it as we speak and it works great with IF.

4 Likes

I’m probably getting the HOTAS, with the throttle, what makes the extreme 3D pro better? I might get that.

3 Likes

I aggree. This is a great joystick.

2 Likes

But is the HOTAS also good?
The HOTAS comes with a throttle

1 Like

Ok I did some research. First off, do you have a PC or a Mac? If you have a Mac then only the Logitech 3D Pro works. If you have a PC both work.

Here are the reviews for both products
Hotas

Logitech

1 Like

I have a PC.

2 Likes

Then either one works :)

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s better as I don’t have the HOTAS.

1 Like

Hi there if I was you I would consider getting thrustmaster T flight hotas x coming in at around 45 US dollars the reason i recomend this joystick is that it is a very common so shipping would not be a problem and i myself have been using this joystick for a coupleof months and found this joystick better than any of its competitors on the market. The only problem is is that it does not come with rudder pedals. Also something else to note is that with any joystick you get you have to get a computer and plug it into it and download a app called live flight connect then from the app connect it to infinite flight. Please get back to me on what joystick you are going to get thanks / Here is a link to the joystick i mentioned on amazonhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Joystick-PS3/dp/B001CXYMFS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1MN0NK5JNB1GB&keywords=tflight+hotas&qid=1575130588&s=videogames&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=t+flight+%2Cvideogames%2C146&sr=1-1

2 Likes

So I got the X52 HOTAS, and I’m extremely disappointed, doesn’t work at all. I might take your suggestion into mind, but I need to know if you are 100 percent sure it works?

1 Like

This should be in #thirdparty.

There are many topics like this in the #thirdparty category where you’ll have more success finding other joysticks. I personally have the Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X, which @Chris_Mc_closkey mentioned, & it works great!

1 Like

The Logitech will 100% work. I know for a fact.

1 Like

Okay so, the shop I am returning the product to is only giving me a refund via credit. So basically I can only buy from the three options they have.
Option one:
X52 Hotas, not an option because it doesnt work with IF.
Option Two:
X52 Hotas Pro.
Might be interested in this, apparently it works, could someone confirm that it works?
Option Three.
X56 HOTAS
I am very interested in this one. Dos anyone know if it works with IF?

@BadPlane

2 Likes