Good Ipads for IF

Hi everyone, So with the new 21.1 update coming out im gonna be playing IF a lot more. But I use my phone for IF and im thinking I should get an iPad so that I can use my phone while playing IF. So is there any Ipads that are relatively cheap (200-300$) and run IF smoothly let me know. Happy Flying!

I would suggest checking out this topic. It gives a good amount of information on this stuff. It does not give amount but it says how devices handle.

I personally use a iPad Mini 4 and it works fine.

4 Likes

Ok thanks!

1 Like

8th gren iPad has the A12 Bionic chip in it which is plenty powerful for infinite flight on medium settings if not maximum. It is only $329 but $299 with an education discount if you are still in school.

1 Like

Ok I got a $50 givecard so I’ll definitely look into that iPad, Thanks

I can also recommend the 2020 8th generation iPad. Runs IF perfectly on maximum settings.

4 Likes

I have a 7th gen ipad, and it worked great! Just not a lot of storage available on it, so I switched to an IPhone 6s, hopefully upgrading this year.

1 Like

iPad I’ve literally just bought today for college came in and I decided to get IF after a year of not playing and it’s worth it I got it for 330$ 32gb Apple IPad 8th gen 10.2 inch it doesn’t heat up like other devices and can really take the beating lol

1 Like

Honestly any IPad 5th gen+ Should be able to handle IF at high settings. I would personally get a Pro 6th gen because of the big screen and cheaper price.

2 Likes

If you’re looking to get one at a discount, I’d look for a 7th generation. I previously had a 6th generation that ran IF without issues, unless I was at a crowded airport with a lot of ATC traffic. With the airport updates coming up, I figured I may run into issues if the servers were more populated, so I went with an 8. I would think a 7th shouldn’t have any issues, and it should be less expensive since it’s no longer the newest version.

1 Like

Thanks for the response!!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.