Good budget zoom camera

Yeah of course, why not?

Ok, will do :)

Thank you so much IFC!
I ended up getting a phone zoom kit and the result is amazing!
Thank you for your reccomendations and sharing of photographically knowledge,
@RoadRunner, @racerclc, @Cbro4, @xxFuryxx and @JuniorAviator !
Here is a demo of what I can shoot. It’s cloudy, so no planes, but what you’re about to see is a tractor 2.75 miles away!

Glad I could help! That zoom is pretty amazing, isn’t it?

Have fun spotting with your new zoom kit!

Yes, thank you for all your help!

A good, affordable alternative to a bridge camera! Have fun!

Thank you!

Thanks to all of you, this is what I can shoot!

So these were taken with a canon 750d but the lens only went to 250mm so gives you an idea of the range it has… Was around 30+meters away from the runway

Thanks, were these photos yours?

Indeed they are

WOOOW! (@robertine crushed by awe, looking at his device with wide eyes, admiring the wonderful photos , and feeling like a crappy photographer), they are amazing!

HAHA LOL, I just tagged myself! (Because why not?)

If your’e looking into mirrorless/DSLR cameras, the body doesn’t matter too much…It’s the lenses that matter

That’s not true at all. In fact, they make a great difference in to how your pictures turn out.

Obviously you are going to get better images out of a 5Dmkiv than a EOS 80D. That’s just how it works. It does matter…to an extent.

However I would say the lens matters more. I could have that same 5Dmkiv and put a 18-135 on it (I don’t know why you would but go with it), and I could mount that 80D with a 70-200 f/2.8. The 80D, despite having a smaller sensor, less megapixels, and worse image processor (I think), will fare better in low light than that f/3.5-5.6 18-135 ever will. Quality glass makes or breaks your photos once the situation gets tough. A quality body is the assistant.

That’s right, it doesn’t make the biggest difference, but it definetly does.

Exactly! What I’m saying is: If you’re on a budget, focus on a good quality lens before you focus on the body.

@RoadRunner, @racerclc, @Garrison and @xxFuryxx, I really enjoy high altitude spotting, and thought I could go to the next level. My budget is now bigger, and I’m pretty sure I will get a Canon PowerShot SX60 HS with 65x optical zoom + digital zoom. What do you think? Any ideas? Thanks!

The Canon PowerShot SX60 HS can take this type of photo:

55%20PM
CREDIT: Finch Aviation

I’ve never used a Canon point and shoot before but I’ve heard they’re pretty good. If high altitude spotting and that only is your goal, go for it. It’s decent for regular spotting as well.

Indeed, high altitude spotting is my goal. Thanks for the review, I am going to get it!

Post 100!!!