Going International (WOE/EHWO)

I’m still alive!

I’m back with a new spotting topic. And this time, with a bit of a twist! If you haven’t checked out my last topic, check it out: A Special Visitor At Antwerp.

Now, I finally went to a different country to go spotting! Naturally, I went to the Netherlands, since I live pretty much right next to the border.

Now you’d think I went to Amsterdam, Rotterdam or maybe Eindhoven. But no! I went to Woensdrecht Air Base.

Now don’t let “Air Base” fool you, because Woensdrecht is home to the Fokker Services and maintenance/painting facilities for various aircraft. Even short-term storage often gets done there.

Now the weather wasn’t exactly great, as per usual in this area, so the lighting wasn’t great to work with, but I still got some interesting stuff.

As per usual, these shots are edited.

Basic information:

• Camera: Fujifilm X-T2
  • Lens: Fujifilm XF 100-400mm

And now of course, the photos.

The first spot I went to was pretty much on a farmers driveway. But they didn’t seem to mind.

First up, we have this blank white Aeroflot Airbus A330-200 (VP-BLX). It’s been stored here since April 2021.

From the same spot, I was able to get a shot of this flynas Airbus A330-300 (OE-IDB). It was only flown over to Woensdrecht a few days prior, and is awaiting delivery to the airline.

Moving on to the second spot, I got quite and okay view of this Hong Kong Airlines Airbus A330-200 (B-LHB). This one has been at Woensdrecht for quite a while, since June of 2020. Although that’s not as long as the next one.

Probably one of the oldest commercial aircraft I’ve ever seen. This Sostar-X Fokker F100 (PH-MKH) was the first Fokker aircraft I’ve ever seen. And not just that, the first Fokker F100 ever built. That’s right, this was the first Fokker F100 prototype ever built. It never went into commercial service, and pretty much always remained registered to Fokker themselves.

Next up we have another commercial aircraft that never went into service, although this one considerably newer. This Norwegian Air Sweden Boeing 737 MAX 8 (EI-GZG) was never taken up by the airline, and has been stored here since December 2021, waiting for a new owner to take interest in it.

Parked next to it is an aircraft that most likely will be taken up by their new owner. This Yakutia Airlines Boeing 737-700 (LN-RNU) still wearing it’s formed SAS registration seen parked here.

On the other side of the apron, I was just able to see three Fokker F100s parked, unfortunately obstructed by some containers. Still though, this Tus Airways Fokker F100 (5B-DDE) is technically not registered to them anymore, although the next owner is currently unknown.

Moving on to the last spot, I was able to see a few aircraft, but not amazingly. Closest was this former Wizz Air Airbus A320 (OE-LID) now belonging to AerCap. The basic colour scheme definitely gives them away, but the rest of the Wizz titles are removed.

And just in front of it, was this Norwegian Air Shuttle Boeing 737-800 (OE-IPT) which, unlike the MAX, will be taken up by them. Currently not yet wearing it’s LN- registration.

And that’s it! Photos could’ve been better if there was actually some sun, but that’s too much to ask. This was my first time spotting outside of my comfort zone (also known as Belgium), so this is definitely different from my previous topics.

Woensdrecht isn’t exactly known for a lot of movement, but usually there are some interesting aircraft just parked around.

Anyway I hope you all liked the shots! Do let me know what you think of them, and as always I’ll be plugging my Instagram, so go check that out as well!

My Instagram (most recent post).

I’ll see you all in the next one!

18 Likes

Amazing shots! Looks like an eerie place 👀

1 Like

how much 👀

1 Like

@Robertine Thanks! And yeah, the entire time I was there I saw no movement. I’m sure on other days it’s a bit busier, but it’s definitely a change from a busy international airport like Brussels.

@FlyIf_0011IFPA No clue, I didn’t ask xD.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.