Go-arounds at EGLL 😤

It was a beautiful day and as I was approaching runway 09L (Heathrow) a aircraft continued he’s line up, despite I was on a half mile final and that forced me to go-around.

Training server, EGLL—>EGLL, Pattern work, time (UTC 10:44) - 11:44 Europe London, Boeing 738(sharklets) (Comair BA)

8 Likes

Yes a classic day on TS1 hope the go around didn’t take too long and that you landed safely and was there ATC available?

2 Likes

Kudos to you for going around!

Respect!

4 Likes

Good that you did a go around! Some pilots on expert wouldn’t have done it…

But there’s one thing (not about the go around): It kinda annoys me to see the Comair 737 all around Europe🤔 I know there’s nothing wrong about it since it’s a simulator and everyone can take every plane where he/she wants to but it’s still a real eyesore for me as BA doesn’t operate Boeing on short haul.

4 Likes

Yes, there was ATC online but he/she certainly missed the approaching plane!🙃 Landed safely 15 minutes after, not to long of course :).

1 Like

I certainly agree. It would have been beautiful to see the BA-livery on the MAX series or the 738:737 I must say. They used to operate the old 737-200s from 1977-2001, it is really a shame that they don’t use them anymore🤔

3 Likes

Thanks, we need to keep the realism up 🥳

good reaction, a lot of people do not go around in these situations, thank you for keeping realism.

1 Like