Go arounds affect XP?

Hello,
Can’t find a previous post for this.
I just did a 50minite flight, EBBR to EHAM.

Yes it shouldn’t take so long but you guessed it, I did 2 go arounds. It was low vis at 350metres with a 7knot headwind. I was in a 777-200 and determined to land manually and safely.

Which I did! …3rd time lucky.

So after all that I got 606 XP.
I’m a little disappointed.
I was sweating on that landing in low Vis. I received no violations.
So my question is, is that a normal amount of XP for a landing in low vis? Or did going around affect it?
My reasons for going around were that I wasn’t on course at 300ft and couldn’t correct without running out of runway.

Thanks to Wizziam for great ATC at EHAM.

Thanks all.

3 Likes

Im not sure that it negatively effects your XP. What Alt did you climb out to?

2 Likes

600 xp sounds normal for 50 minutes of flight. Go arounds dont do anything, the smoothness of your landing gives you more.

8 Likes

Did both go arounds at 2500ft

1 Like

Im pretty sure that doing a go around/s do not effect your XP , but actually boost them as you spending more time in the air !

8 Likes

I don’t think go arounds affect your XP. Just remember that if you land successfully under windy or low visibility conditions, you receive more XP. :)

4 Likes

Were you KLM 252? I was N102JR in the Avianca 787. Nice job on well executing the go arounds, but sorry, I don’t believe go around affect XP.

3 Likes

Yeah second @Joshua_Fleming comment, I believe it can only be positive for you. I often, on long lights will go around a few times to further develop my skills and get more XP and flight time.

3 Likes

But at least with t and g’s you make the touch.
Really I’m wandering what XP promotes? I’ve gotten more xp in much easier conditions!😀

1 Like

If only we fully knew how XP was awarding during the actually touch down stage !

2 Likes

I was German cargo 252 Heavy.
I was the one sweating profusely.😅
I think I saw you, well on radar only. I actually saw very little out the window…

2 Likes

I was the controller at EHAM and I remember you perfectly. Were you the one whom I cleared to land for RWY 18R three times and every time i cleared you lined up on the 18C ILS?

4 Likes

Never mind, I had this one pilot lining up the wrong ILS every time, seems it wasn’t you, and have fun with go arounds…makes IF even more realistic. :)

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

No. I had 18C clearance first and 18R twice after.
That bit of my flight went well. It was the last 500ft I struggled with! 😂

1 Like

I got that doing 15 minutes of touch and goes. Doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

It’s right. You get more XP from touch and goes. Trust me I’ve been around since before live.

1 Like

Thanks for reply.
But do you think it’s ‘right’ as in justified? Or do you think MORE XP should come for high wind conditions , night flying, and low vis flights?
I was suprised it was relatively low.
Definitely want to do more low vis flying. Like flying in soup.
Cheers

You do get more XP for high winds. It has to be strong though so 30’s not 10’s. Does XP really matter. It’s just a number. Everyone else receives the same amount so i dont see a problem.

You are right to say ‘does xp matter?’. No it doesn’t. Because it can be accumulated so easily in large amounts for doing such easy things as xp grinding and simple touch and goes. It has no real value.

However it is used to determine access to expert server. And so then it does matter.
I also think the game has greater depth if we add a real value to XP and have greater rewards for quality flying in difficult conditions.

I think it is unfair to grade 4 and 5’s who fly properly and put the effort in and someone with little skill can get the same by just having time to do mindless t and g’s and xp grinding.
That’s me done.☺ Thanks for answering my question everyone.