"Global" update status, performance issues and workarounds

I have been using Global for nearly a week now on my device with everything on full an apart from a bit of freezing for a few seconds I haven’t ever experienced an app crash an it’s to the point where it’s stable enough to encounter no issues at all. Don’t under rate the Air 2 @Edgar_Mendez

2 Likes

No crashes here and same Air 2 , just some freezes here and there

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one experiencing the app freeze. I almost crashed at Dakar when suddenly the plane became unresponsive.

2 Likes

What’s your device? Has the freezing gone away after the hotfix?

No it still freezes and lags from time to time. I must say it isn’t as often as prior to the hotfix

just received the hot fix and downloading it now

1 Like

So far my cell phone has not received the 3 updates that came out for the simulator my cell phone is an Android 6.1 Samsung J7. I’m having problems with flight plan, when I put the flight plan and I search or the IF close

I had the same problem, the hotfix fixed it for me.

2 Likes

Have you seen this topic? It should help

Thank you very much for your attention. I had already done this procedure, but it still did not work.
More I solved the problem I uninstalled the IF and installed again, came with the updates and correcting the problem of the flight plan that IF closes

3 Likes

For iOS users, you can turn off Background App Refresh. Turn on Reduce Motion (Settings > General > Acessibility > Reduce Motion) and Reduce Transparency ( Settings > General > Acessibility > Increase Contrast). I tried this on my friend’s 6 and it can reduce heat and also improve perfomance :)

1 Like

What does “reduce transparency” and “reduce motion” do? I never tried it out before.

It will reduce animation (like opening apps, closing them, multitasking etc), and reduce transparency of your whole system (app dock, folder background, spotlight background etc), i ever heard that it will ease system memory usage on older device.

So when I access the map and I have the radio communications bar open the radio communications GUI starts flickering and glitching in and out just letting you guys know anotheir bug found

Please create a #support topic for any issues or bugs not explicitly mentioned here and that haven’t already been reported. This thread is not for bug reports :)

1 Like

I was thinking on iOS if you use the grayscale feature will it save battery and put less load on your device? Has anybody tried this before?

Is it safe to Charge the device during Long haul with on power mode?

I’ve tried it many times. As long as you have low power mode on, the brightness low, the volume down and the HUD and minimal hidden your device should remain cool. So no overheating.

2 Likes

I certainly did realize that the screen freezing has been resolved! Thanks to all the devs and everyone who helped with this update!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.