"Global" update status, performance issues and workarounds

Helllo!

I’m sorry to say, but if you play Infinite flight on an amazon device, you will not be able to receive the update. This is due in part because of amazon not supporting Infinite Flight anymore.

thanks for all those advices, now my IF work perfectly !!! soo happy

Mine keeps crashing on the screen in the beginning for some reason, I closed out of the app and everything

thank you for update! i tried test play global flight but lag (4fps). and i hide minimap so not lag. i think minimap is sphere.

Hallow. … On Android the update was already out… But when i open it the apps is still the same… And im not get the update… The play store not even tell me to update

Hello @Mecly_Momin

Our minimum device requirements have recently changed due to the rapidly evolving features of Infinite Flight which require greater device performance and specifications to smoothly operate. To ensure the best possible experience we recommend that a device has at least 1GB+ of internal device memory (RAM). Our mission will be to continually optimize performance, however the bar must be raised with future features in mind.

Android Requirements:

• Android 5.0 (Lollipop) operating system or later
  • Device must support OpenGL ES 3.0

To see if your device is OpenGL ES 3.0 compatible, please install an application like this one and see what is reported.

Note: Due to large variety of Android devices there is not a specific list of supported devices. Customers with devices that are not supported at this time will receive a message on the Google PlayStore when attempting to download the latest update for Infinite Flight to advise that the device in use is not supported.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience.

My device openGL ES is 2.0… no… that means I can not play the global update…

Sorry to hear! You’re more than welcome back once you have a device supporting the new update.

1 Like

My device is Samsung Galaxy S7, OpenGL ES 3.20 and Infinite flight is not available in Google Play. Any idea where is problem?

I’m using a samsung j3 6 the update didn’t even show up in the playstore. Normally any update shows up in the playstore on android

FYI…for all android users l have found one of the most popular apps there is to analyze the internal specs of an android device to determine whether it will be compatible for the global update is called Antutu Benchmark… you can download it from the GPS…it will also tell you whether your device will work in 32 or 64 bit… the latter which l understand now is a requisite parameter for the update as well !!!

1 Like

I will buy one one of this days, it lokks powerful enough

I have had no issues with Global until this morning. I was on a flight, the app froze and closed. I opened it back up and it wanted me to download my planes again. If I try, it gives me an error and won’t let me. I am logged in. I deleted the app, rebooted my Apple mini 4 and reinstalled. Still get the same message.

Dear Nelson, my device is 100% compatible because other people post here pictures from Global. Please note that problem is that IF completely disappear from Google Play. They are not in Installed apps, not in Updates and also not in Library. On web I see that my device is not compatible with this app. I can install on my very old Samsung Galaxy S2 but not on S7! Crazy. Please look at screenshot.

1 Like

Why are you running everything on low? I’ve been using an Air 2 for several months with all settings on high and it’s been great…

2 Likes

I have been using Global for nearly a week now on my device with everything on full an apart from a bit of freezing for a few seconds I haven’t ever experienced an app crash an it’s to the point where it’s stable enough to encounter no issues at all. Don’t under rate the Air 2 @Edgar_Mendez

2 Likes

No crashes here and same Air 2 , just some freezes here and there

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one experiencing the app freeze. I almost crashed at Dakar when suddenly the plane became unresponsive.

2 Likes

What’s your device? Has the freezing gone away after the hotfix?

No it still freezes and lags from time to time. I must say it isn’t as often as prior to the hotfix