Global update progress

Dusts off keyboard wow, it looks like I missed a lot! I’m sure the Intstagramers will be pleased!

7 Likes

Lol I’m hoping that the price is low and affordable!!! I’m really looking forward to flying BUF to like FLL or one tmot the new transatlantic destinations that the airport is getting!!

2 Likes

It will probably be very affordable. FDS always releases very fair and affordable pricing on their product. The fact that this is global probably won’t change that.

1 Like

What is rc1 and rtm?

2 Likes

RC1= Release Candidate 1
This means we have an update ready to release provided no major bugs show.

RTM = Release to Market.
This is the official rollout to everybody.

15 Likes

No, RTM means it has been released to the distributers (in this case Apple and Android) to be reviewed. It proceeds General Availability which is the release of an update. It is not a release because this time frame allows the distributers to test for bugs and not just the development team.

6 Likes

Our RTM build isn’t sent to anybody outside FDS and our alpha / beta team. It simply represents the build that we will be sending off for release (which is reviewed briefly by Apple/Google prior to being available for download) provided that no setbacks are found.

31 Likes

A bit confused on this one.

8 Likes

Read it all & it won’t confuse you.

6 Likes

it will probably be be over $20 but still worth it,

P3ds better than fsx ;)

4 Likes

Please don’t speculate.
A pricing model isn’t out yet, for all you know it could be any other price.

4 Likes

May I just ask, based on what is that claim? You say it is going to be more than 20 dollars. Based on what? Is there anything indicating that you might be correct?

1 Like

No, I was just speculating, we will have to wait until RC1 for prices. Due to the amount that satellite imagery costs, I guessed maybe a one off payment of $20 or more would probably be the pricing announced.
Like I said, I’m just speculating.
(Sorry)

2 Likes

It has been said many times, it will be a subscription. Take a look at this topic please:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Sorry, thanks. For the info.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for global!

1 Like

Can anyone wait for it?

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been waiting since April 2016 ;)

8 Likes

But in all seriousness now that RC1 is ready, we should be getting some pricing information and possibly - HIGHLY SPECULATIVE - a release date announcement from Phillipe within the next couple of days. So if you can all do the staff and mods a favour and refrain from speculating about pricing and release dates until we have some information, I’m sure everyone will appreciate it :)

20 Likes