After almost 2 years of development we are happy to officially announce that our “global” update is in the process of being sent to Apple for review.
Unfortunately we still do not know how long the review process will take; our first submission just got rejected and we have a few things to fix before we are able to resubmit. This is a good reminder for the reason we do not give dates since many things can get in the way at the last minute.
That being said we are fairly confident we will be able to resolve those issues over the coming week. We will let you know as soon as the update has been accepted by Apple.
Once we have solved the issues with our Apple submission, we will proceed with a staged rollout so we can ensure that our server infrastructure is in good shape as more people receive the update. We will start rolling out on Android once we have confirmed that there are no major issues with the iOS release.
In the meantime, let’s talk about what this update brings as well as our new pricing model.
A new experience
As we mentioned before, this update is our biggest to date; many systems had to be redone from the ground up in order to support flying over a full scale Earth with high definition satellite imagery and topography.
Here is a short list of the most notable features and improvements that are included in this update:
- New and improved scenery with high definition imagery and accurate topography (see here for a map of HD imagery coverage, subscription required for full globe access)
- New atmospherics with realistic sky, sun, moon and stars
- New real time night and day cycle
- Improved hundreds of airport layouts
- Added engine startup and shutdown
- Added fuel consumption with a fuel jettison option (on “Heavies” only)
- Added autopilot NAV mode
- Improved aircraft selection UI
- New liveries for the A320 and 777-300ER
- Fixed UI scaling issues on Samsung devices
This new experience comes with a new minimum device requirement:
- Infinite Flight now requires iOS 10 or Android 5.0
- Devices need to support OpenGL ES 3.0 (should be supported by most Android devices with at least Android 5.0 and Apple devices with at least iOS 10.3, but unfortunately this is not guaranteed by each manufacturer).
Devices that do not satisfy those minimum requirements will not be able to update.
Introducing Infinite Flight Pro
With this update, we are introducing a new Infinite Flight Pro subscription that is replacing Infinite Flight Live.
An Infinite Flight Pro subscription has all of the features that were offered with Infinite Flight Live (multiplayer, ATC, live weather) plus access to the entire globe and our entire fleet of aircraft.
Infinite Flight Pro is offered as 3 different subscription options: 1 month, 6 month, and 12 month. The longer the time frame, the larger the discount on the subscription overall. The total cost of the selected payment plan will be billed at the beginning of the subscription.
The cost of each option is as follows (US prices):
- 1 month: $9.99
- 6 month: $49.99 ($9.95 savings)
- 12 month: $79.99 ($39.89 savings)
Note that local taxes and currency might affect pricing in your local app store.
If you have an active Live or Live+ subscription and are able to update, you will have access to Infinite Flight Pro for the remainder of your current subscription.
Infinite Flight Live and Live+ subscriptions will be discontinued once both iOS and Android updates are released. You will not be able to purchase or renew an Infinite Flight Live or Live+ subscription on the old version of Infinite Flight if for some reason you can’t update.
If you are still reading (and you should be), this means that you can get a sweet discount on Infinite Flight Pro if you purchase a Live or Live+ subscription in the next few days :) This is a way for us to thank you for your patience during this long development cycle.
An Infinite Flight Pro subscription is the best way to enjoy everything Infinite Flight has to offer while helping us bringing new features and new content (new or redesigned aircraft, more HD imagery coverage, etc) to the simulator.
To celebrate this major milestone (and to help you wait a tiny bit longer) we created a new Infinite Flight trailer, enjoy.