Global Server

Is anyone else having issues with the global server today…at least on my end its been in the red all morning? It went to red while in flight so will this impact my landing? I do still have 5 hours left on this leg.

Do you have a strong internet connection?

1 Like

First, You said global server, but there are 3 different ones. Are you on causal, training, or expert?
Second, make sure you are connected to the internet, as @David_Beckett said.

2 Likes

Actually, i think that there are three different live servers. Theres one for Casual, Training and Expert. Then there’s there’s the global server for the terrain data, and the weather server for weather data.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

yes I have a very good internet/wifi connection and I am on the expert server. The red ! has been on for 3 hourd now

1 Like

Have you left the game at all for an extended period of time?

its the global server I’m having issues with

no its been right in front of me the whole time

OH! I see what you’re saying. Maybe one of the mods can help out. I’m not really sure what that connection is. Maybe the terrain that’s streamed?

1 Like

which is true…when over land it was pretty much unrecognizable…I’m over water now

1 Like

Your best bet may be to restart the game and/or your device. I understand that it’s annoying to have to leave during your flight, but it usually manages to solve these problems. You can then go back into IF, and spawn at an airport near to where you left off, and hopefully continue as normal.

Unless someone else has a better idea?

2 Likes

No I agree. Probably the best bet.

2 Likes

If I continue, this is a VA flight, will it effect the landing at my destination?

If you’re not connected to the global server, you won’t be getting terrain data.
So unless you manage to fix it by some other means, or the problem fixes itself, then yes, you will run into problems.

At present your options are:
a) Continue as normal and hope that the problem goes away.
Or
b) Restart your game and device, and continue from an airport near where you left.

1 Like

Okay thanks…looks like I’ll shut down and reboot…thanks everyone!

2 Likes