So I was planning to fly out of EGCC to LEPA, however my device is far to laggy, all the settings are on low and I’m on a Sony experia x compact.
Thank you for contacting support! We are here to help you have the best experience possible and ask that review the information below to better troubleshoot your experienced lag and crashes. Below are some basic steps taken that may help resolve the issue:
- Keep as much unused internal device memory (RAM) available. 1GB is the recommended amount
- Always close other apps before opening Infinite Flight
- Keep your device fresh by completely restarting device power occasionally
- Disable active add or message blocking apps
- Don’t install unapproved apps
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
- Don’t install IAP unlocking apps
- Ensure Text to Speech (TTS) is enabled on Android devices
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
- Unplug your modem and WiFi router for about 30 seconds, then plug them back in if online “lag” occurs
- Disable Anti-Aliasing
- Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
If you try everything above and still have trouble, check to make sure you have the latest firmware update available for your device installed. Lastly, we recommend you delete the app, restart device power, then sign into the same account used to purchase the app originally to reinstall.
As a final resort, reset the device to factory settings. Be sure to back up all important data on your device first.
If you still need help or have questions, reply with a brief description of the problem. Include reproducible scenario steps and also device make, model, and current operating system version. Screenshots are welcome so we can better assist you and get you back in the air!
Make sure to clean out your RAM
How could I do that @Daniel_Cerritos
You can open the Task Manager and swipe right to remove recent apps. You can also replace Live Wallpapers and remove widgets that use lots of memory
It’s best that you keep Infinite Flight the only app open. No other app should be open, as that’ll slow down the phone
Well today I faced a problem that the plane stalled when I accidentally turned off the Nav
Controls were calibrated
Weight was normal
Wind was normal
Rudder was not stuck
Speed was above 300knts
That seems to be a separate issue so if you need to, make a new thread. However this doesn’t seem to be an error, it’s just something that you put in wrongly with LNAV/autopilot.
Is your airplane count on low and is antialiasing off? Make sure to periodically restart your device