Global Freezing

Hello! I was doing a long haul flight from LAX to Toyko today. As soon as I started pushing back, I could tell that something was wrong. It was glitching way too much. I didn’t really mind it, so I took off. In my climb up to FL420, The app froze twice. I resolved this issue by exiting out of the app and reentering. I then went to bed and let the NAV do the work. When I woke up, I checked my map to see where I was, and it froze again! This is not an issue with my phone, as I have 1.5 GB of free space for IF.

Phone: iPhone 6S
Software: iOS 11.0.2

I have tried re downloading the app already.

2 Likes

Perhaps turn down your visual settings and see if that’s the problem? Sometimes internet connection isn’t strong enough and I turn down to medium, and it solves the problem.

My game was freezing about every five minutes for me. I think it froze and the game quit while I was flying from Helsinki to HK, and when I got home it was frozen (but started up again) except it was over the point where I assume it froze.

1 Like

I think it is about the servers

Try restarting your device and closing any background apps before playing IF. This should help with the freezing.

Also, make sure you have a good and stable wifi connection.

Visual settings isn’t the problem. My phone ran fine with the flight I did about 30 minutes before I started this flight.

Then, check WiFi. If that’s not the problem, it’s probably the servers trying to keep up with the demand. Be patient and it will settle in a few days.

@Sal I have no background apps running, and I will restart my phone once I land.

I also have a very stable wifi connection. That is not the issue either.

@Laura_Murphy Yeah, that’s what I thought. Thanks for your insight!

1 Like

Go ahead and do that restart to clear your ram that might just be the issue :)

If that doesn’t work out it’s probably due to issues regarding the servers.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, all!