Global Flight - The Log Book

Second. 😂
Anyway on my way from EGLL to OMDB in a A380

Delta Air Lines Flight DL-453

from KJFK New York, United States
to KSEA Seattle, United States

Distance: 2099 nm
Flight Time: 4 hr 59 min
Real-life Aircraft: Boeing B757-231 (N727TW)

2 Likes

My first transatlantic flight! Tried that exam same flight yesterday. SimBrief gave me an estimated flight time of 7:14 hours. But 167 knts headwinds from winds aloft set me back to around 9 hours. Lesson learnt, check winds before taking a transatlantic route.

KJFK New York to KMCO Orlando
3 hours exactly

My first full flight with the MD-11, I was shocked at the power it packs! With a light load of fuel and only a few passengers, takeoff was literally a rocket launch! Quickly had to throttle back to stay below 250 knots, and reached our cruise altitude of FL 380 in no time.

4 Likes

imageimageimage

WSSS-RPVM. My first time in an MD11. Gorgeuos plane.

3 Likes

Legitimate Record for longest Global Non-Stop Flight (Without utilizing a glitch or bug)
Time in air: 45hr 54min
Distance: 21963nm
Aerial Refueling done: 2
Route: KMCF-KMCF
AIrcraft: KC-10A

Thanks to @r3life and @Kyle.r24 for the refills. Took 30 min each

24 Likes

First flight with the MD-11.
Nairobi-Frankfurt.

8 Likes

I might have to look at doing that! Very cool!

Do you still have the flightplan.

Frankfurt - Gatwick. Weewwww, turbulence was bad.

2 Likes

No and it is simple to do with the range the KC10 has

1 Like

A beautiful flight. This IS a recomended flight for global as of upload.

CYBT to CYBD is a VFR route taking you down the coastline and through the valleys of southwestern Canada. This route is around 120-140 miles long, giving a 45 minute flight time at around a 190 kias average in a Dash 8 Q400. I had a tailwind during the first half of the flight, so this may cause longer flights for others with a headwind. I landed on CYBD’s runway 5, a almost straight in if you fly through the valleys leading to the airport. Here are some tips for fly this route:
TIPS:

• Take it slow. For the first part feel free to fly between 240 and 200 knots, but slow it down to 180 or so during the valley flying.

• Enjoy the scenery. This is a very scenic route, however as a pilot you may have to fly carefully through some of the valleys and coastlines. Do the best to enjoy.

• DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT FLY THIS ROUTE IFR. It is unenjoyable this way and harder than the VFR. Also, there is no even semi-close waypoints to make a flightplan with. If I could only say one thing, this would be it.

I hope you all take this advice and enjoy this scenic route, or even make one of your own! Safe flights!

@Daniel14 I saw you went to RJAA. I did also. Completed it with @Christian_Richardson from KORD. He had to respawn due to a game crash. Came back in a F-22 after flying in a MD-11. Classic…I landed this morning. I’ll have pics and info soon.

5 Likes

Cool! It was a fun flight.

1 Like

How high can your Avrocar go… l think l want to get one of them and fly it around the world… wonder how many times l will need to aerial refuel it !!!

EDDF (Frankfurt, Germany) - GOOY (Dakar, Senegal)

• Aircraft: Lufthansa Cargo MD-11F

• Distance: 2522 NM

• Actual Flight Time: 6 hours 6 mins (M 0.82)

• Cargo: 45.0 t

• Fuel: 7:30 h (Taxi, Trip, Contingency, Alternate, Final Reserve included. This may vary with actual prevailing weather)

• Route:
    EDDF DF137 RID44 ANEKI NEKLO BADLI PABLA HERBI MOPAN OLBEN LUTIX BENOT NEMOS VEROX MILPA NINTU MEBAK REPSI LERGA MOKDI OLRAK ROMAK NASEP NARAK AGN TBO OBUTO SOVAR SURCO ZARKO ZAR ADUXO NASOS ANZAN BLN MLG PIMOS GALTO RBT ADM ARSOL DIDAN MOROX ECHED BIMOG ZRT IDINI ULNOT YF057 YF110 YF125 YF145 APTON YF068 GOOY

https://skyvector.com/?ll=33.106742,-7.26948&chart=304&zoom=12&fpl=EDDF%20ANEK9G%20ANEKI%20Y163%20HERBI%20Y164%20OLBEN%20UN869%20ADM%20UR975%20SLO%20SLO2A%20GOOY

I just finished this flight with @mbmhwue148 and we were both very satisfied after the end of this flight. It actually took us quite some time to prepare our mission to Dakar as we tried to implement SID, STAR and Approaches as accurate as we could into the Flight Plan aswell. The following shots were taken on this flight:

mbm is lining up and taking off RWY 18 in Frankfurt.

V1…Rotate! Meanwhile I’m aligning myself on the Runway. Before Takeoff checklist complete…

This shot was taken around the region of Geneva, Switzerland. In the mean time, we have reached our cruising altitude FL320 - FL340 respectively - and are enjoying the view of the Alpes and our aircraft!

Passing the Atlas Mountains in Morocco as the Sun is slowly setting on the horizon. The part along the west-african coast was one of the highlights of this flight (scenery wise).

Arrival in Dakar after 6 hours of flight. It was kinda dusty but visibility not bad either.

• Why should I fly this route?: Beautiful scenery along the Alps, the Pyrenees, Spain, Gibraltar, Atlas Mountains, the Sahara Desert and a scenic arrival into the most western airport of mainland Africa! Another great thing about this route is the flight time. It’s neither too short nor too long in our opinion so you don’t have to plug-in your iPad all the time and you ain’t missing out on too much scenery either. We actually had quite a strong headwind from Frankfurt to Morocco ( more or less 100kts) so I would say on a more favourable day this flight could even be done in 5:30 hours!
    Little tip to end this post: I suggest to make this flight during daytime (or during a full moon night) to get the best impression of the scenery.

Happy Landings!

11 Likes

Just flew from Auckland to Queenstown with a stop in Christchurch.

The approach into Queenstown is amazing!

1 Like

NZQN (Queenstown, New Zealand) - NZWN (Wellington, New Zealand)

Distance: ~370nm

Flight Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes

Was there for the New Zealand hub day and I’ve got to say, I’m very impressed with it’s scenery.

Back Taxiing Runway 05R

Climb out of Queenstown

Screenshot_20171211-211357

Screenshot_20171211-211637

Cruise at FL290

4 Likes

KPHX-KABQ
KC-10 Extender
The point of this route was to test out refueling with some friends so we just took off at PHX and went in a line! We ended up at KABQ
imageimage

2 Likes

That’s how I’ve been flying since the start of global. No spawning just starting where I last landed.