Global Flight | Testers Tracking Thread

Dallas to Sydney… 16 hours later, touchdown!

6 Likes

hey look, there’s me heading over to Air Marshall Islands

What mobile devices are you beta testers using?

Is there a practical verdict on what devices work well, and which ones don’t?
With that I mean: processor, working memory, OS version, etc?
Any findings you can report?

I have an iPad mini 2 which I believes has 2GB of memory and it’s crashed a few times while controlling as Approach ATC. Seems related to how busy it it. And IF sometimes runs sluggish if I have any other apps open.

I’m not asking support for my issues, but I am trying to find out if its perhaps a good idea to start saving for a newer model/device.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

@azeeuwnl I’m not familiar with the Mini 2, but the 2017 iPad is a good cheap upgrade. Works just fine.

6 Likes

With approach and ATC in general all devices are crashing, I will blame that on the fact global is working alongside the existing version.

2 Likes

I believe there are a wide range of devices being used to test. I personally have been using the iPad Pro 10.5". Runs like a champ with the A10X chip.

Not able to report any findings. Sorry. Philippe created a thread not too long ago regarding minimum device requirements. If you haven’t already, I’d suggest taking a look at it and checking to see if your device will acceptable.

Hope this link is what you are looking for or at least helps give you a better understanding.

6 Likes

Hey Dean, somebody is checking on you! XP reset inbound 🤔

14 Likes

I’d like to first begin by saying that these flights weren’t coordinated. It was all coincidental. @anon66442947 and @LaroseRoyce headed to San Francisco. @Tim_B off to Los Angeles. And I’m headed to Van Nuys. Its a party in the Pacific. Can’t wait to see these routes loaded with dozens of planes.

10 Likes

Love the approach into KSFO and rwy 28

5 Likes

IMG_0241

@Tyler_Shelton heading into Glacier Park. Idaho, Utah, Montana… are such gorgeous states! Love the flights out west 😉

8 Likes

I highly suggest you guys check out the national parks when global is released. The sights are even more amazing. 🏔

13 Likes

Thanks @DeerCrusher will do

1 Like

And… app crash! My face right now👉🏼 😦 and ☹️ and 😡! Well that’s what beta is for…!

13 Likes

West Yellowstone 😁 Or mount rainier 🤤

5 Likes

Looks like Tyler almost flew over my house:-D

2 Likes

Visited Yellowstone this past summer, it’s awesome. Went kayaking and whitewater rafting.

2 Likes

I live 2 hours away we go every summer :-)

2 Likes

Yep, I can wait a little bit longer. 😂

1 Like

F0F53646-423F-402A-A25A-C838FF275DD5
New tester?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that is @Sam_S.

1 Like