Global Flight Freeze

Prior to the temp freeze fix issued out, my session would just freeze and unfreeze as if the app was just loading more terrain. Now since the fix that occurred, my session freezes and doesnt return or the app crashes completely and closes. The post fix crash/freeze does not happen immediately, usually about 1.5-2 hours into flight. I always fly on current time rather than setting sunrise, noon, sunset or night (not sure if this makes a difference).

Device: iPad Mini 2
iOs Version: 11.0.3
IF Version: Latest build

Troubleshoot implemented:

1. Restart app.
  2. Reinstall app.
  3. All apps closed.
  4. Reset internet connection.
7 Likes

Is your device running iOS 11.0.3, or iOS 11.1 (beta)?

its running version 11.0.3

Maybe you want to try reducing the graphics settings and see if that will help?

You’ve certainly troubleshot well - as said, try putting all the settings on absolute minimum to see if the problem persists. If it is fixed, then it’s just an issue of processing power.

Set the graphics and rendering to low when cruising and bring it back to high when im approaching. It should be fine.

Changing the graphics during a flight isn’t recommended. Any modifications should be made before the flight then a relaunch is needed ;)

2 Likes

i havnt had it freeze but occasionally controls go away and i cant get them back on

What area are you flying in? By that I mean specifically what countries, regions, continents

1 Like

This happened to me a few mins ago. I paused the game and I couldn’t resume thereafter. I was left with the plane flying in the background and no interface. The hotfix has worsened the situation and I wish I hadn’t downloaded it

2 Likes

I agree that the hot fix has worsened the situation. I was flying over China/Russia/Japan every time it happened.

2 Likes

Maybe your problem is the area you are flying in is too crowded. Try flying in a less crowded area and see if there is a difference

1 Like

@Ryan_Farell yeah that has helped me a bit, but the crashes are so random that I just have to hope for the best while flying.
@Alan_Perez yeah the hotfix may have fixed the feeezing, but now crashing seems to be occuring much more.

2 Likes

Well if that is the solution hit that solution button ;)

1 Like

That is not the solution because I have flown to London, Frankfurt and Amsterdam with at least double the amount of people and have had no issue with the amount of people in the area

2 Likes

Same here. @Ryan_Farell I flew from New York to Stockholm overnight a few weeks ago and landed sucessfully, but my flight crashed en-route from Abu Dhabi to New York.

1 Like

Try turning down your graphic settings. It causes major lag and makes devices freeze

1 Like

I think they’ve tried that, it’s a very strange problem though…

1 Like

happened again. was flying from Dubai to Athens and it crashed/froze just 5NM south of Aleppo, Syria.

Device was not even hot and was on full battery

2 Likes

Have you reinstalled the app?

Restarted your iPad?

The basic things are needed for troubleshooting. If you’ve done it once, try again.

1 Like