Global Flight: Flight Time

How do you guys think the long distance flying will work? Will it be realistic and you’ll have to fly real life distances and flight times? Or will the devs make it possible to simulate the long distance flying? Comment what you think below :)

1 Like

See if this discussion helps?

That could be possible!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Or perhaps overshoot it :P

1 Like

i think it will remain realistic this is a major selling point for infinite flight.

2 Likes

2 Likes

no one asked you to do a 7 hour flight. if you don’t want to fly for 7 hours don’t fly for 7 hours.

1 Like

1 Like

yeh because you have to make course corrections and have to contact centres to change altitude to avoid traffic ahead. it wouldn’t be boring entirely on a short flight like that.
Flight plans aren’t straight yanno…

1 Like

2 Likes

me too. By the time I land after a 2-3hour flight I would not touch my phone. I would just leave it in front of a fan or put it in the freezer.

7 Likes

then continue flying KLAX >>> KSAN… its not laziness but doing a cross atlantic or pacific flight should be a feat of strength not something you can do in 10 minutes with a fast forward button.

1 Like

I’m looking forwards to long flights myself. On the weekends when I have a couple spare hours I’m going to do long flights while if I don’t have that much time I’ll do some regional flights. It should be quite a lot of fun really.

4 Likes

Oh and from experience in other flight sims I recommend getting a spotify playlist, YouTube music playlist, book on tape, etc for long flights. You should be busy changing radio channels, navigating, and all the regular stuff on long flights which should keep you busy. Also having a book or something to read during down time between flight duties is a great way to entertain yourself. Tv shows and such I wouldn’t suggest since that means you aren’t able to hear the ATC.

1 Like

This will be an issue because if you do a flight to lets say LAX-EGLL that would be very long. No one wants to leave there device on for 14-16hrs. So adding that jog button would be nice.

2 Likes

I think these speculation threads are becoming a little annoying.

5 Likes

I’m gonna start out with a KJVY-KLOU-KSDF (if they are in global) flight in a C750 which will get me ready for a 45 minute hop to Midway from KSDF. I’ll takeoff, and just relax, maybe watch some TV. Then I’ll fly from KMDW to KLGA and eat dinner in the middle.

Who wants to fly 8 straight hours I don’t even have that much spare time.

2 Likes