Global Flight/Approaches/Departures

My apologies if this is a duplicate, however I searched it and found nothing similar. I just want to know how many people will actually research or even just look at a flight tracking app such as PlaneFinder or FlightRadar24 to see how aircraft depart or arrive at an airport so they can recreate it in IF after global is released.

This is how aircraft arrive for a 22L or 22R approach in real life. In IF I’ve seen people do this:

I’m just curious how realistic people are willing to make IF in the future. Comments are appreciated! :)

2 Likes

I guess you do this because you don’t know about SIDs and STARs?

3 Likes

Thats what I was thinking…but no offense to people who dont, it wont really be that hard to find out the real life patterns. In my opinion at least

Would be quite hard since IF doesn’t feature a lot of ground textures as seen on the map… Still better to stick with SIDs and STARs :)

Very true. SIDS and STARS would help more

2 Likes

Should have taken a look at YSCB yesturday

2 Likes

I certainly plan to start using real life routes in global, and if I get to be an approach by then, I could even try using them then.

2 Likes

Or just look at charts🙂

2 Likes

Exactly about SIDs and STARs ;)

2 Likes

There’s no need for me to research actual approaches. As the pilot, I listen to the ATC, who either have actual approaches in mind or are just making it up. Even if I become ATC later on I can just make up approaches.

Why go to the bother of making something up when someone already has gone to the bother “of making up the approach and departures” ie the STAR and SID’s which is likely that pilots will be following anyway to avoid flying into terrain or other airport traffic patterns?

3 Likes

I normally just fly a circuit keeping in mind the terrain. Done and dusted.

Until VOR navigation is added I think people will struggle with totally accurate approaches. Often low vis but non ILS appr are flown using NDB/VOR procedures eg Dash 8.

Also, will LiveFlight be upgraded so we can see a world map for Global Flight? Would be an awesome feature…

The entire world map is on Global Flight already. I don’t know what will happen, probably the red squares will get removed.

2 Likes

You mean this?

If only I had screenshotted the huge approach line…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.