Global ATC over ocean

oh believe me, people have fast enough internet speed
especially korea and japan

Don’t quote me on this but I’m 98% sure the devs said that it would work like minecraft chunk loading in that it only loads the chunks around you which will save considerable space and frame rate

4 Likes

That combined with procedural generation and you’ve got a winner!

1 Like

Not sure if NAT-tracks are going to be implemented, but the oceanic frequencies are Shanwick (Europe side) and Gander (US Side) Oceanic. These are not radar stations, so you have to follow NAT Tracks and give position reports… it’s a lot different than normal flying… :P They also use SELective CALling (SEL-CAL for short) to not clog up the freq.
Would be awesome, but is it likely?

2 Likes

The airports team have a repo with the data of them in, so maybe ;)

1 Like

The implementation of such tracks would be a bit difficult as the tracks change daily as stated, but we are playing around and looking around ;)

NAT-tracks change daily… :P So that would be hard

Oh lol, didn’t see Your response before.

1 Like

Sneaky bump. So how will atc be when global comes out I recommend something like vatsim or bot controllers

2 Likes

I dont think there will be bot controllers because that would be too much too code and confuse everything, I am guessing there may be centre controllers over the ocean? There wouldn’t be much work needing to be done so may be quite boring. Or just unicom where you announce your position

There would be center frequencies. But if they weren’t manned you’d have to keep spacing yourself. Probably not going to be a problem because there won’t be that many people flying trans-Atlantic at one time and most people won’t follow real-world trans-atlantic tracts. The nimrods will probably fly willy-nilly, with no FPL and tuned to the tower frequency of their departure airport…
*insert eye roll here *

4 Likes

About Center frequencies over ocean, Bear in mind that there are some “Dead Zones” which you can’t contact with the ATC.
https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-communication-dead-zone-at-the-middle-of-the-atlantic-ocean-Where-ATC-and-aircraft-cant-have-talks-between-them

1 Like

It’ll most likely be the same.

Right smack in the middle of the ocean there is no radar or contact.

2 Likes

It would be pretty easy in IF but not real life!

This has always made me wonder. I do love the idea of Ocianic clearance in Global.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.