Global Airtours - July 7th Update - Back on July 10th!

Global Airtours Virtual Airline

The Cruise Line of the Skies
Established 2019
ifvarbapproved

Applications | Website | YouTube | Instagram

Welcome to Infinite Flight’s most unique virtual airline, Global Airtours! We are dedicated to making the best pilot experience there is to offer. We want to make what flying is meant to be, which is fun and enjoyable! From our wide variety of routes and fleet, to our experienced and talented staff members, Global Airtours is the right virtual airline for you!

As the Chief Executive Officer of such an amazing virtual airline, I cannot be any happier for what we have done in such a short period of time. I cannot be any more grateful for my wonderful staff, including my most valuable partner, @Captain_Merka, and of course, the extraordinary group of pilots that fly for us. I would love for you to join us and see what our family is all about!

@Thunderbolt
Chief Executive Officer, Global Airtours Virtual Airline

We understand that you have many options when it comes to choosing a virtual airline, and we will not stop you from joining the VA of your choice. However, we think that Global Airtours can offer the most potential, the most flexibility, and the best pilot experience that there is. We strive to bring you the best day in and day out, and we work as a family. Global Airtours was created in the mindset not of becoming the best VA, but becoming a VA that someone could join and become a member of a family. That is what Global Airtours is about.

Not convinced? Click here for a short promotional video!

Our signature program brings us to the lively streets of the San Diego Gaslamp Quarter! Located in the center of San Diego, it is a classic spot for tourists and locals alike for eating, entertainment, and shopping. Global Airtours’ Gaslamp Program will be the new name for our current program. Pilots, regardless of rank, can fly any aircraft in our fleet, and no tests or checkrides will have to be completed during their time at Global Airtours. A fun, relaxed experience, just like our motto!

Apply Here!

Next, we head to San Diego’s largest park, Balboa Park, the inspiration for our new Balboa Program. Here, you can find some of San Diego’s largest and best museums, including the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park, one of the most popular and famous zoos in the world. Global Airtours’ Balboa Program introduces a system promoting realism and education. For pilots to participate in this program, we have introduced an entry exam, as well as an introductory checkride. To fly aircraft in our fleet, Balboa Program pilots must complete a short module created by our staff on nearpod.com. Also, short tests and checkrides are required through your time at Global Airtours, whether it be to be able to pass your type rating or to rank up within the VA. However, this program comes with significant benefits. Pilots are able to add a 1.5x multiplier to a flight once a week, and a private lounge in our Slack workspace is provided.

Apply Here!

Our most unique program takes us to the coastal area of San Diego. Adjacent to the magnificent Torrey Pines State Park and historical golf course, sits the gorgeous blue waters of La Jolla Cove. Our La Jolla Program was designed with a goal to help pilots while creating a stronger bond between the Infinite Flight virtual airlines. Pilots that wish to participate in this program will be put through a 25 hour program, where they will be educated on the Cessna 172 and then an aircraft of their choice. Following completion of this program, the pilot may choose to transfer to one of our partner airlines for benefits in that virtual airline, or transfer to our Balboa Program for increased status.

La Jolla Program Timeline:

0 Hours - Basic Knowledge Test, Basic Checkride
10 Hours Training In The Cessna 172
10 Hours - Cessna 172 Written/Practical Exams
After Passing C172 - Airline training begins
15 Hours Training In Airline’s Aircraft
25 Hours - Written/Practical Exams

Partner VAs

More info coming soon!

Apply Here!

Founded in October 2019, Global Airtours was founded with the purpose to be Infinite Flight's most unique and fun virtual airline. We were entered into the review process on October 15th, 2019, and after a great review process, Global Airtours became a reality on December 8th, 2019. On February 18th, 2020, we closed for renovations, and Global Airtours 2.0, fresh with new branding and a brand new structure, opened on March 6th, 2020.

Global Airtours Virtual Airline consists of seven talented and experienced staff members, with different backgrounds, areas of expertise, and interests to bring you the best possible experience. Our staff team is happy to help and assist whenever needed, and we will also talk and chat whenever you want!

Chief Executive Officer - @Thunderbolt
Chief Operations Officer - @Captain_Merka
Operations Manager - @snoman
Head of Passenger Division - @Mr-plane-guy1
Head of Cargo Division - @BadPlane
Chief Pilot - @FlyerCharm
Head of Internal Affairs - @MatthewSwift

Here at Global Airtours we have a very versatile fleet so that we can transport all of our passengers efficiently and luxuriously. Ranging from the TBM930 to the 747, we fly it all. We also chose to make our entire fleet available to all pilot ranks to allow our pilots to fly what they prefer and feel the most comfortable flying, rather than having pilots work to fly their aircraft of choice.

Our Fleet Includes:

• Airbus A318 ACJ (A318)
  • Airbus A350-900 (A359)
  • Boeing 737-700 BBJ (B737)
  • Boeing 737-900 BBJ (B739)
  • Boeing 747-8 BBJ (B748)
  • Boeing 777-200ER (B772)
  • Bombardier Candair Regional Jet 200 (CRJ2)
  • Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 (Q400)
  • Cessna 172 (C172)
  • Cessna 208 Caravan (C208)
  • Cessna Citation X (C750)
  • Cirrus SR-22 (SR22)
  • Daher TBM-930 (TBM9)
  • McDonnell Douglas MD-11 (MD11)

Cargo Fleet:

• Boeing 777-200F (777F)
  • McDonnell Douglas MD-11F (MD11F)
  • Boeing 747-8F (747F)
  • Cessna 208F (208F)

Global Airtours likes to acknowledge our pilots’ achievements and successes. Our ranks are easy to earn and come with many benefits. We also have many awards to celebrate our pilots’ dedication and commitment to flying for Global Airtours. These awards will mainly be given out on the last day of every month, and they also come with many internal benefits.

Pilot Ranks:

Junior Pilot: 0-10 Hours
Second Officer: 11-25 Hours
First Officer: 26-50 Hours
Captain 51-100 Hours
Senior Captain 101-200 Hours
Pilot Supervisor/Trainer: 201+ Hours

May Pilot of the Month: @MatthewSwift

Here at Global Airtours, we have no routes to fly. Pilots can fly wherever they want, whenever they want. This gives pilots the individuality that we value and the freedom to explore the world without anything stopping them. However, to maintain realism, we request that pilots start their next flight from the airport they last landed at. Pilots will be allowed two deadheads, or transfers, to requested airports if needed.

We welcome pilots of every kind into Global Airtours. However, we do have requirements for our pilots to prevent unprofessionalism or immature pilots. These requirements are very simple and easy to follow.

General Requirements:

• At least 13 years of age
  • A valid Infinite Flight Pro account
  • An account on the Infinite Flight Community
  • Discipline-free past on the Infinite Flight Community
  • The ability to log one flight per month
  • Access to Slack at all times

Gaslamp Program Requirements:

• Grade 2 (Access to Training Server)

Balboa Program Requirements:

• Grade 3 (Access to Expert Server)
  • Access to nearpod.com - for training modules and written tests

La Jolla Program Requirements:

If you meet the requirements for your desired program, go ahead and apply!

To become a Global Airtours pilot, you must do the following:

1. Click the link to the Application Database
  2. Fill out your program’s application truthfully
  3. If you meet the requirements, a member from our staff will contact you via PM
    3b. If you are a member of our Balboa or La Jolla Programs, you will take a short written knowledge test
  4. You will be given the link to join our Slack server
  5. Start flying!

So what are you waiting for? The possibilities are endless!

Join The Global Airtours Family Today!

27 Likes

Another outstanding thread, GAT!

2 Likes

How! That looks amazing, great job on the thread! I will certainly consider joining…

Hope you’re doing well!
Rian

2 Likes

Announcement

We are back! We have undergone a minor renovation period to adapt to the future, and we have made new staff hires as well.

However, Balboa and La Jolla Program Applications will not be processed until next week.

In the meantime, check out our new website!

2 Likes

I just took a glimpse of the website, and oh my sweet blessed jesus, you’ve fully convinced me to apply for you. Can’t wait to be aboard, this will be amazing!

Edit: I’m filling in an application as we speak

3 Likes

This VA (from what I’ve heard) is truly special, and in charge is a great CEO, @Thunderbolt and it’s a wonderful VA, also has a Great thread!

4 Likes

This thread is wonderful (although I’m a bit biased 😉)! I’m excited to usher in a new era at GAT with our new programs created by the incredible @Thunderbolt

3 Likes

I just applied… can’t wait to be part of this!

2 Likes

Nice thread, can’t wait to see all the new pilots in the sky.

2 Likes

Nice thread. Just an FYI, the ICAO for the Citation X is the C750.

2 Likes

I gotta say I love the San Diego references. I wanna see what the Mission Beach program would be like lol. 😳😦

2 Likes

Hi @maeyo!! We love your enthusiasum. Maybe we could add a Mission Beach Program in the future!

2 Likes

YAY that made my day! This is an awesome concept and can’t wait to see it in action

2 Likes

Great to see my friend here!

2 Likes

Huge Announcement

Global Airtours will be donating $1 for every hour of flight time logged per week to a charity that is working to stop the spread of coronavirus. Every week, we will be donating to a different charity.

So, what are you waiting for? Join Global Airtours, and together, we can help the fight against coronavirus!

5 Likes

Hey! I applied! This VA looks really nice! Is there special routes to fly?
Can’t wait to start flying!😄

2 Likes

Hey @MatthewSwift,

1. Thanks for your complements and interest

2. We have routes of the week that you can fly for special multipliers, but other than that, no. You can fly whatever long haul or short haul you want with any suitable air raft in our fleet. However, if you join the Balboa Program, you must be type rated on aircraft you wish to fly.

2 Likes

Oh ok! So for Balboa do I start with Cessna or any?

1 Like

And will I receive an email with the link to slack?

1 Like

Hey @MatthewSwift,

I’ll be PMing you in a little bit so we can get you started!

Thanks for applying and welcome to GAT!

-TB

1 Like